AM tyres... what you running?

patches

ah ok. sounds single ply sidewalls. so what you lining up for as a replacement?

At this stage I have absolutely no idea!

I am running the 2.5" Kenda DH wire bead up front and running TJJOOOOBBLESS, this has worked well, so I might well take the leap on a wire beaded Minnion DHF on the back .... hell front and back would be great too!

This is a more economical option vs some of the UST or TL options out there!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the minion will hook up just awesome. But why 2.5? That's some seriously big meats.

just so btw: I have a minion, used,but in still pretty darn good nick, that i could swing your way if you want to try. Fully UST compliant.

Edited by Capricorn

the minion will hook up just awesome. But why 2.5? That's some seriously big meats.

just so btw: I have a minion, used,but in still pretty darn good nick, that i could swing your way if you want to try. Fully UST compliant.

Hi Cap

The 2.5" is because I had it in my garage :)

I would love to try out the Minnion :thumbup: ... shall I PM you and we can chat?

Got a set of CST BFTs on the way in 2.4 size (should be as big as most 2.5s)

Currently have Geax Sturdys on at the moment. Will prob try the BFT on the front first

Looks like a nice grippy tyre.

Where do you get them & how much did they set you back?

Got them off Ebay, after shipping etc. works out to ±R350 per tyre.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-CST-BFT-FOLDING-BEAD-TYRE-26-x-2-40-OFF-ROAD-MTB-TREAD-50-OFF-T8018-/190935366909?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item2c74a27cfd

Took the 20% VAT off the final invoice.

Unfortunately they couldn't combine the shipping, then it would have been CHEEEAAAAPPPP

Considering buying some more and sending them to friends or family to bring back. Will try them out first though.

That's what it's called

CST = Company (manufacture tyres for Maxxis among others)

BFT = Big FAT Tyre

http://www.csttires....-tire/bftc1752/

see alot of the maxxis High Roller II in that design, but center knob transverse siping is different, as well as the braking edge on the side knobs: the CST has it in the other direction, so not quite sure what it does,maybe side knob support under braking?

even the website color scheme reminds me of Maxxis.

Should be an interesting tyre to ride, especially in wet conditions as those channels in the center and along the sides should shed mud pretty well.

Edited by Capricorn

Not too far off the Ibex either

http://www.onzatires.com/files/img_4951_2.jpg

http://www.evanscycles.com/product_image/image/353/7e8/184/83543/product_page/onza-ibex-fr-tyre.jpg

no problemo hairy. just a huge apology for not scrubbing that sucker down before sending it off. i errr.. forgot to wash it :(

:blush:

no problemo hairy. just a huge apology for not scrubbing that sucker down before sending it off. i errr.. forgot to wash it :(

:blush:

No problem, when I stopped at the security office and they gave it to me I promptly dropped it in the wifes lap.

She had a priceless WTF look on her face :)

No problem, when I stopped at the security office and they gave it to me I promptly dropped it in the wifes lap.

She had a priceless WTF look on her face :)

you not making this better.. :(