AM tyres... what you running?

patches

Its not a regular sized tube. The blue thing is just a protective cover for the inner tube.

i think it's a brilliant innovation for MTB.

BRILLIANT!!! Didn't realise they had changed it to the single, dual-purpose valve! Definitely on my to-buy list. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not talking about the blue thing. In the box it comes with the procore tubes (the blue ones), as well as regular tubes. They way they describe the installation, you install the procore tube, then your tubeless tire... So why the two regular tubes?

No - the blue Procore tyre is just a covering for the procore tube - the inner tyre, if you will. The tube itself sits inside the ProCore tyre type thing, and that's the thing that has the dual-valve attached to it. 

From the site:

The weight of the Procore system is approximately 200 g per wheel. A complete set with two Procore inner tires, two Procore-tubes, tubeless rim tape and all the accessories to convert a complete bike costs $230 or  €179.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

Not talking about the blue thing. In the box it comes with the procore tubes (the blue ones), as well as regular tubes. They way they describe the installation, you install the procore tube, then your tubeless tire... So why the two regular tubes?

yes you are, you just didn't know you were :P and again, they are not regular tubes size wise.

Edited by Capricorn

That sounds like you have Rolling Tire Syndrome. 

Same thing happened to me with my Hans Dampf and the WTB Weirwolf before it (on the back) 

When you load up a tyre and it's got weak sidewalls and / or your rims are narrow, the tire WILL roll and make that sort of growling / grinding sound. Only way to get rid of it is to either pump it up harder (bracing the sidewalls) or get a tire with stronger sidewalls. 

In that respect - I STRONGLY recommend the Schwalbe Super Gravity casing. It is IMMENSELY strong. No more rolling in berms and corners for me, and I'm not a lightweight. 

Hmm. Maybe I'll put a Gopro back there.

Just got to say I've had zero issues with my WTB Bronsons and zero punctures, which includes MANKELE Avalanche and Juma Urban Assault, over the last few months I've owned the Santa Cruz. I've just ordered some more from Mike's Bikes.

I've been riding with a certain tire that has condom-like sidewalls(4 tires with sidewall cuts). Been looking for Super Gravity Rock Razors, just went onto schwalbes site and it doesn't come in pacestar...WTF...

Just got to say I've had zero issues with my WTB Bronsons and zero punctures, which includes MANKELE Avalanche and Juma Urban Assault, over the last few months I've owned the Santa Cruz. I've just ordered some more from Mike's Bikes.

You are the first person I've heard that from. Maybe you've got the new non-featherlite sidewall version

I've been riding with a certain tire that has condom-like sidewalls(4 tires with sidewall cuts). Been looking for Super Gravity Rock Razors, just went onto schwalbes site and it doesn't come in pacestar...WTF...

No, they don't. The Super Gravity denotion should give it away though :)

The trailstars just GRIP. And with the reduced centre knob size, you actually want to go for a grippier compound so that it can deform properly. 

No, they don't. The Super Gravity denotion should give it away though :)

The trailstars just GRIP. And with the reduced centre knob size, you actually want to go for a grippier compound so that it can deform properly. 

Super Gravity is the sidewall thickness as I understand it, regardless of compound. I'm just not keen on getting the RR as a rear tyre and then because it's trailstar it wears super quickly..

My question is how quickly do they wear? 

You are the first person I've heard that from. Maybe you've got the new non-featherlite sidewall version

Nope, they must be over a year old. I just really enjoy them! Cant get rock razor in 26"

Nope, they must be over a year old. I just really enjoy them! Cant get rock razor in 26"

Dont get me wrong, they've got great grip-I just cant afford new tires every 2 months because of sidewall cuts. Evobikes has the rockrazors in 26", just not the supergravity.

Yes you can. I have one. 

Evo bring them in every now and again, but your best bet (like the Magic Mary) is online. 

another oddity is the fact that the latest revision of the nobby nic doesn't come in SG. I was quite disappointed, as I've held the belief the new nobby nic would be a better Hans Dampf. But i'm pretty much addicted to SG casings, so no-go on the new NN.

does anyone know anything about a conti rubber queen?

i got one and i have no idea where to put it

jepers, sounds like the name of a cheap prostitute