AM tyres... what you running?

patches

I removed my HD combo last week and set some sweet new Vee Rubber Crown tires on my bike.

These tires roll like a XC and grip like baboons claw to a banana.

Took them down contermanskloof at 2bar pressure and they held up very well to the jagged rocks, no rim slams, tears or damage... sidewalls hold up very well. I dropped them to about 1.8bar down Bloemslang and normal st and they were awesome.

these tires come in at 708g per tire(manufacturer stated) so managed to drop about 500g off the bike from the HD SG and PS combo.

post-31301-0-04333500-1425295095_thumb.jpg

post-31301-0-01779000-1425295137_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I removed my HD combo last week and set some sweet new Vee Rubber Crown tires on my bike.

Took them down contermanskloof at 2bar pressure and they held up very well to the jagged rocks, no rim slams, tears or damage... sidewalls hold up very well. I dropped them to about 1.8bar down Bloemslang and normal st and they were awesome.

these tires come in at 708g per tire(manufacturer stated) so managed to drop about 500g off the bike from the HD SG and PS combo.

Interesting. Look pretty fat (wide) too. Whats the damage of each of these?

Front and rear specific?

Where did you get them from?

Interesting. Look pretty fat (wide) too. Whats the damage of each of these?

They are 2.35 tyres, they look fat because my rims are mega wide.  :ph34r:

Front and rear specific?

Where did you get them from?

Yes. They are front and rear specific. They are currently very new in SA, request them from your LBS, they should be able to get them. They are really worth it. Website says 2 wheel trading are distributor...... http://veetireco.com/distributors/

That is a good looking rear tyre.

Sure are, but they ride better than they look. :thumbup:

Please give us your long term review when time comes. Very keen to read.

Damned .... .they only come in 650B and 29'er options (The tyres you are running) according to the website.

Mmmm... What do they cost?

Edited by Raydek

Please give us your long term review when time comes. Very keen to read.

Will definitely do

Mmmm... What do they cost?

You'd have to contact your LBS for exact pricing, I think it would be between R500 & R600 per tire.

Just ordered myself a 29x2,5 Minion DHF.

Pretty stoked to give it a try!

Monster truck tyres for a monster truck!

Looking for a bit of advise please...I have a morewood zula and I'm looking to fit a wider front tyre. Problem is that the rims I have have are very XC orientated (DT Swiss XR350) and from what I've managed to find online is that the rim has an inner width of 17mm and they recommend using a max 2.1 tyre. I'm thinking more along the lines of a 2.3 wtb bronson. So what I would like to know is what is the worst that can happen if I slap on a beefy tyre. Anyone here done anything along the same lines and did you run into any problems doing it?