2012 VW Tiguan

Lukep

Is that the price diff??? sorry, thought the VW was same price.

I'm very happy with my crv - maybe its worth that little bit extra?

who are you trying to kid? It's a Honda!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. I have a 2010 1.4 TSI (110kw).

Great ride. No problems. Consumption +- 8-9 l/100km mainly city driving.7-8 on freeway @ 110-120 km/h.Interior quality far better than most rivals esp if u choose leather option.

I second that.

my wife has the 2011 1.4 TSI (118kw) bluemotion Consumption 9l/100km in city and 7.5l/100km on freeway.

so the fuel consumption is not great. but that 240NM torque at 1500rpm is!

we wanted the sportage but the waiting list was to long. I am glad because the VW quality is

still a notice above.

The TDi will give you better fuel consumption and the TSI better driving experience.

I came close to pulling the trigger on one of these a couple months back. I wanted the diesel as it would encourage me to drive better from a fuel consumption point of view. (I currently have two cars - a Ford Focus ST which I give stick whenever its safe as I like the feeling of power as the turbo take over - and a Land Rover V8 petrol which I drive very slowly as it is not enjoyable to drive fast due to the nature of the engine which makes an awful racket at high revs).

In other words, I was worried if I bought the petrol Tiguan I would drive it more like the Ford less like the Land Rover - the diesel engine would force me to drive it like the Land Rover.

I was looking at buying the wife one.

The sales person took me to their yard at the back of their workshops to view the new 1.4 TSI Tiguan.

There were three parked in the workshops, all done under 75000km and they all had their engines stripped.

I chatted to the mechanics and they said that they often have problems with the 1.4 TSI.

I must admit they were the pre face lift models but i think the engines are still the same.

Saying that I had the 2.0TDI engine in my Audi A4 and was very happy with it.

I have a 2010 1.4 TSi - and am very happy with the car. I am not too clued upon the technical (girl person) but I needed the reliability and simple girl prooof 4 wheel drive capability as I often travel long distances alone. Loads of space for bikes and kids and gear, great ground clerance and with the 4 motion and what appears to me to be lots of torque means I can take on the dirt roads (even tar in some parts of the country :whistling: ) without concern. Still small enough to fit into most parking pays as well.

Downsides - I have the run flats, do tend to make the car a bit hard on the road. Also, the electronic handbreak takes some getting used to. Driving with the windows open tends to create noise but if you have a sunroof, just a tilt and it is all fine.

Lekker. New T6?....what a trok

I hear you....Moz diesel is hond to say the least...I would rather buy here and take with

HI-JACK

Yip. 3.2 MT DC 4X4. Very happy so far. Haven't been able to fit a long range tank due to warranty so will use jerry cans for longer trips. Get 10l/100km around town - first long-ish trip this weekend then I'll know what she gets up to on the open road.

BYE-JACK

HI-JACK

Yip. 3.2 MT DC 4X4. Very happy so far. Haven't been able to fit a long range tank due to warranty so will use jerry cans for longer trips. Get 10l/100km around town - first long-ish trip this weekend then I'll know what she gets up to on the open road.

BYE-JACK

Nice, dude... That's a fair bit of bakkie right there!

I bougth the new Passat a year ago. The VW TSI engines in my opinion is awesome. I have the 1.8 TSI in my Passat and I get between 8.5 - 9 l/100 km in town and on average 6.8 - 7 /100 km on the open road at 130 km/h. For a vehicle weighing in at 1.5 T in think it is not too bad at all.

It depends on how long you want to keep the car. The overheads will become more on a diesel compared to petrol but that is way down the lline. So if you are planning on keeping the car for some time, stick to petrol otherwise go for the diesel. Personally I petrol.

The only other option I would seriously consider is the Qash-Qai. Back when I was looking it was better value for money for what is a great soft roader. The only issue might be 2nd hand value, but they are very popular so I'm sure you won't battle to sell it.

In terms of consumption ( I remembered based on my Golf!)

1.6 TDI DSG Golf: 6.8 - 7.2 Urban, 5.5 - 6.2 High Way (Managed 4.5 - 4.8 on one trip but that was at a cruizing speed of around 100km/h)

The 2.0 MT TDI was about 1-1.5l/100km heavier

1.4 TSI MT was more or less the same except when worked hard. That little motor gets thirsty when you work it!

The only other option I would seriously consider is the Qash-Qai. Back when I was looking it was better value for money for what is a great soft roader. The only issue might be 2nd hand value, but they are very popular so I'm sure you won't battle to sell it.

In terms of consumption ( I remembered based on my Golf!)

1.6 TDI DSG Golf: 6.8 - 7.2 Urban, 5.5 - 6.2 High Way (Managed 4.5 - 4.8 on one trip but that was at a cruizing speed of around 100km/h)

The 2.0 MT TDI was about 1-1.5l/100km heavier

1.4 TSI MT was more or less the same except when worked hard. That little motor gets thirsty when you work it!

yep. Especially when you're late for a wedding and forget how far it is to the venue...

my wife was looking at buying this, but opted to go for the Kia Sportage instead - more value for money, and alot more bang for your back.

In theory, small turbo motors sound great, but in real life are not always that great. As mentioned when pushed hard they are thirsty. Small diesel motors often also suffer with turbo lag and this can be frustrating and also dangerous. Once the vehicle is loaded up, that small 1.4 motor really has to work hard. Sure, your bigger motor is less fuel efficient, but is also much less stressed and I believe it is easier to sell a vehicle with a v6 with higher milage than your small 1.4 TSI vehicle. I drive a v6 Sorento and it is a real pleasure to drive, whether loaded up or travelling light. Always enough power in hand. I regulerally get 10 km/l on the open road. I am not fond of the Tiguan as it is pricey compared to its competitors and also smaller in size.

Im the happy owner of a VW Tiguan 2.0TDI Sport n Style since 2008, no issues!! Just big smiles all the way. Reliable, permanent 4WD, Tiptronic and good fuel consumption. Its definatelt better than Audi's Q3 whiich was just recently launched.

Specious for a tiny MPV.

My wife has the 1.4 TSI (118kw) Tiguan and its consumption 2-3 lts per 100 more than VW claim and that is when you are really trying to keep the consumption down. The only time it gets anywhere close to the claimed figures is on the freeway if it is flat or downhill!

my wife was looking at buying this, but opted to go for the Kia Sportage instead - more value for money, and alot more bang for your back.

I think the sportage for equivellent spec is alot more than the tiguan.

You can get a tiguan with, leather, bluetooth, Park assit, tow bar and climate control with a 90 000km maintence plan for the same money.

I think the sportage for equivellent spec is alot more than the tiguan.

You can get a tiguan with, leather, bluetooth, Park assit, tow bar and climate control with a 90 000km maintence plan for the same money.

+100%