Deal Extreme Delivery

wonduhboy

Ordered some non-cycling stuff from Deal Extreme.

Anyone know how the delivery works? Do they send to local Post Office or to your house?

My order dispatched on 31 May, and the tracking website is useless to say the least.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THey generally send to your local PO. I know that when I ordered my lights from them, they took quite a while to get here (just over a month I think) but then they were being released by China and so on.

Yes - their tracking system is bollocks. But it works. A little bit. It does at least let you know when it's in SA...

THey generally send to your local PO. I know that when I ordered my lights from them, they took quite a while to get here (just over a month I think) but then they were being released by China and so on.

Yes - their tracking system is bollocks. But it works. A little bit. It does at least let you know when it's in SA...

Thanks Captain.

Did the PO let you know or did you just go there?

I checked the tracking, then phoned up the Customs guys in JHB (where everything comes in) and asked them where it was going to. I then phoned the sorting department to check on arrivals (every day) and got all the bits and pieces at the distribution centre and the local PO.

A fair bit of PT, but it's necessary. Otherwise you just wait and wait and wait.

Ordered some non-cycling stuff from Deal Extreme.

Anyone know how the delivery works? Do they send to local Post Office or to your house?

My order dispatched on 31 May, and the tracking website is useless to say the least.

They normally take between 4-6 weeks to get your stuff here. It goes to your local post office and you will receive a parcel notification slip. The tracking system as mayhem said is rubbish I have only been able to track the parcel until it leaved China. From then on you are on your own.

I have orderred a lot of stuff from them and so far a 100% success rate. Everything has arrived so far. Of all the orders that I have placed (There have been a lot) I have only had to pay vat and duties on one order and it was a small amount.

When I ordered my light I had to go collect it at the Post Office center next to the airport.

Paid the vat, etc and was out of there.

This issue has been discussed before. You need to convert you international tracking number to a south african one. I have the phone numbers at home, but phone your local post office and they will give you the numbers to phone.

They deliver to your post office as you will have to pay the vat and documentation fee.

It will get delivered to whichever delivery address you stated when buying, whether a PO box or your house.

You can try using http://www.17track.net/IndexEn.html to track your item, it you have been given an international tracking number.

You can also phone the post office 0860 111 502 and ask for them to trace it. You quote your international tracking number and if the item has arrived in SA they will give you a local tracking number and tell you where it is, normally stuck at customs.

You can then track that online yourself http://www.parceltrack.co.za/ using the local tracking number.

If you have requested delivery to a PO Box, then the SAPO will put a notification in your PO Box saying is ready for collection once has reached the branch. If the online Parcel track says it has arrived at your post office and you have not recieved notification, you can still go to the post office with the local tracking number on a piece of paper and collect.

Edited by shaper

• 5 weeks later...

My order still just say "Payment Received" after 2 weeks.... :wacko:

That means they are sourcing stock.

Chat to the customer support people, there should be a live chat link. They will tell you what is going on. I had to get a refund on an item that they were struggling to find stock of.

The wait is normally from customs on our side.

I agree, its to send them the invoice and get it cleared.

I try to keep my order below $15 if its smaller items, then there are no tracking nr and i found that to be faster

deaextreme sounds like its not worth the cost saving in my opinion....never tried them but sheesh after reading these posts, id rather pay a few extra bob for the conveniance