Putting together tool list to get.

awesme

Ok, so this does not seem to be the easiest.

I got a Merida 1-20 500

Trying to put together list of park tool numbers of a full set of tools to take bike apart to the bits, excluding the fork and shock.

G

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a good start

Stanley BALL END HEX KEY SET 12P

http://www.powertooldirect.co.uk/images/tb/23677.jpg

Builders W. stock them. The 'ball' end is very handy.

Edited by kosmonooit

I'm in the same boat, so bought a bbb torque wrench. Haven't used it yet, but so pretty!

My wife bought me the Birzman one for Xmas last year. Doesn't see much action, but one of those must have tools. @ the OP, not sure of the number, but you must include the Park Tools chain splitter!

Ok, so this does not seem to be the easiest.

I got a Merida 1-20 500

Trying to put together list of park tool numbers of a full set of tools to take bike apart to the bits, excluding the fork and shock.

G

I'm sorry but I read this over and over and am really battling, from what I got is that you want to buy a full Park Tool, Tool set bit by bit?

Torque wrench on its way, so also park tool Allen keys and hex/splice set and mini socket set for torque wrench, got enough standard gedore spanners and screw drivers.

Basically want to be able to service bike myself, so want to get everything needed, all except shocks and forks and wheel building.

G

Torque wrench on its way, so also park tool Allen keys and hex/splice set and mini socket set for torque wrench, got enough standard gedore spanners and screw drivers.

Basically want to be able to service bike myself, so want to get everything needed, all except shocks and forks and wheel building.

G

The bug has bitten hard...! :)

Jacquers

Prob, knowing me, but ltr.

G

Why not the fork? It's pretty easy to service if you have the right tools :)

Cassette tool and chain whip

Good set of allen keys and torx heads

Good set of screw drivers

Chain splitter

Spoke key for the occasional wheel maintenance

Torque wrench

Good hacksaw

Great quality side cutters or cable cutter.

Should be good to go with that.

Help......I forgot, please can someone remind me the park tool # for legs to help climb twin towers @ thaba ? :ph34r:

(Inside joke, sorry).

HA ha ha :)

Ye, I df need that number...

But V, I did the top of Wendell's yesterday, blue route, no stopping... And down other side and up again, no stopping,

Well from there it was from fall to fall, including a over handle bars at one spot.

G