Use of Powasol

awesme

Hi guys

So got myself a bottle

How do you use it, personal experience, what works best,

I've found nothing beats a cloth and some elbow grease,

Up to now soap of choice was simply old sunlight a d warm water.

G

Edited by awesme

Be carefull of dishwashing type soaps as they can contain a lot of salt which can cause corrosion if not rinsed well. Car shampoo as well, as it can contain wax which does not play well with disk brake pads and rotors.

Been using it for a while spray the bike off to get rid of large bits spray on power sol wait 5 to 10 minutes and spray off very little brushes or rubbing required, I use the concentrate and mix it to my own dilution which is slightly stronger than their recomendation.

used it a couple of times now, not my cup of tea,

I prefer elbow greece, taking a cloth and working it around, also gives me time to inspect the bike end to end.

anyone know of a soap/concentrate thats ok for bikes that I can put into a tub of hot water,

G

hmm,

where is greece accessible from the out side?

I always oil the gears and detailers after wash.

G

I'm a big fan of powersol. Works great

Oi fanboy he didn't ask if you like it he asked how you apply it :whistling: ;)

nsBB, past the apply question, it's pretty much spray on, leave for a min or 2 and rinse of. I've found that it does not clean everything, and nothing like good old elbow greece at some spots, to rub things off, things is Powersol pretty much just about goes dry by the time I'm ready to wipe a section off, if you now apply date you just rinsing it off.

So I'm looking for suggestions, looking for a soap thats compatible with bikes and the bits, that i can dilute into some water and use a cloth.

G

Oi fanboy he didn't ask if you like it he asked how you apply it :whistling: ;)

OK let's just make sure WHAT product are you using? Powasol or power sol or Powersolf? the latter is a cheap copy of Powasol. i have yet to find a cleaning solution as effective as Powasol. i used to rinse the bike , spray on a dilution of Powasol ALL over , leave minute or two and rinse.. Lately i apply the Powasol Revive degreaser to the chain and drive train then i rinse bike and i mix a bit of the soap in a bucket and use a sponge to apply the soap and if there are hard bits i help it off .. then i rinse again. Powasol is a dissolvent... so hence the lack off Bubblyness.

Edited by jeepdude

just checked,

Powasol

G

OK let's just make sure WHAT product are you using? Powasol or power sol or Powersolf? the latter is a cheap copy of Powasol. i have yet to find a cleaning solution as effective as Powasol. i used to rinse the bike spray on a dilution of Powasol ALL over leave minute or say and rinse.. Lately i apply the Powasol Revive degreaser to the chainand drive train then i rinse bike and i mix a bit of the soap in a bucket and use a sponge to apply the soap and if there are hard bits i help it off .. then i rinse again. Powasol is a dissolvent... so hence the lack off Bubblyness.

I would be concern about all type of degreesers close to the bearing seals... do they have any affect on them?

If i need to degreese I use Parafien. Clean chain, drive train, cassette, bearings and so on..

Edited by Andro

just checked,

Powasol

G

SHARP! :thumbup: suggest you change the thread title... some followers are Passionate about the product.