SS SA at Thaba - what gear ?

Iron

Apart from what gears (which seems to be sorted) what is everyone wearing, and is there anyone planning to NOT take the short cut and beer stop.....I can see myself loosing a lot of time hanging around that beer stop....

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from what gears (which seems to be sorted) what is everyone wearing, and is there anyone planning to NOT take the short cut and beer stop.....I can see myself loosing a lot of time hanging around that beer stop....

And the problem with that is?

No Lycra, but NOT my SSWC2012 outfit!!!

Will save that one for September!

34x19 will be my gear of choice, gear ratio to ride and not gear to ride in... :devil:

Looking forward to grind some gears and beers with you SS-guys

Edited by NINER_boy

Lycra wearers will be persecuted!

Gear wise I'll be running 32x19 because that is what I have on the bike at the moment.

I will be doing all the loooong routes, If i drink i fall over, while standing, net alone while trying to ride!!

Dude if the beer shortcuts miss some of the crap climbs i will be ridding drunk !

Well,well,well..... there seems to be a bit of interest in the SS. I am really happy to see that there is some enthusiasm. Had a chat to Grant yesterday and we have taken out "heartbreak hill" this means instead of looping back after you start the second half, you will go straight up the hill ( 360 meters) then turn left into Samuel. This seems to be taking out 3 of the stiffer little climbs and only leaves two worth mentioning....the first one is in Samuel just after the first ruins...tight right hand turn not a biggie...then in Prince...after the valley drop to another right hand little climb, this is probably the most challenging but the loose sand makes it a little frustrating....can we hope for some rain...nah, that will really tick some other people off....the whole trail is soft but that should be sorted when the rains come and we have hundreds of you riding the trails. Best of luck guys see you Saturday...ps trails will be finally marked on Wednesday.

@Wendell how many beer stops are there and how much of a short cut is it? Hills we can use one of the speeds an SS offers. standing or walking so no problem there

My outfit is sorted and I just need to put some new tyres on the bike on Saturday morning.

It was a great day. However our ride was not. Wife had a very sudden blood pressure drop in the middle of lap 1. Also had a crash on one of the technical sections.

At the start of lap 2 she pulled out after the beer stop and continued on. Trying to make up lost time I over cooked it and crashed. At that point my race was also done.

Still had a great time.

It was a great day. However our ride was not. Wife had a very sudden blood pressure drop in the middle of lap 1. Also had a crash on one of the technical sections.

At the start of lap 2 she pulled out after the beer stop and continued on. Trying to make up lost time I over cooked it and crashed. At that point my race was also done.

Still had a great time.

Sorry to hear that bud. At the end of the day it was just for fun so if you weren't having it, best to just throw in the towel and drink some brew.

Great fun, thanks to all involved! Nice to meet some of the hubbers, Thug, Cycho, Witkop and Niner Boy. Divernick, good seeing you! Let's see some pics...

Sorry to hear that bud. At the end of the day it was just for fun so if you weren't having it, best to just throw in the towel and drink some brew.

No permanent scars and it was great fun! Spent a lot of time at the beer stop. Haha. Good fun. Ill go out for a good distance ride later today.