SA seeding

Mr SingleTrack

I heard it had to do with your 3 best races or something! Still doesn't explain the batch allocations though!

Agree, there needs to be a consistent way for everyone...Regardless if you go up Batches or Down.

We do sas races and pay a lot to make it to all 'their' races in order to have fair batch allocations

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

before this year, I've last done a MTB race in 2010. Did 2 races, both were advertised as SAS friendly/compatible, and score naught difference in my seeding. One never even made it to the seeding calculations :( To blame the organisers is not acceptable either!

All fine and well for them to 'decay' your seeding, but not showing which events are actually used to calculate your seeding smells of the L.A./USADA mess - no transparency, not defence, no NOTHING for you the rider!

The 94.7 MTB event they listed as a road event, and only changed that to MTB after I 'kom-planed'

I kinda gave up on the MTB racing/event scene. Will rather do the bigger road events (not bottle necks!) that are well organised. Not willing to sponsor/support ineptitude and non-transparency! Will ride my MTB for fun, when/where/how I want to. Will race my road bike where seeding is transparent & obvious and races are well organised!

now to throw more fuel on the fire....ive only done 1 event, being trailseeker 1, last time started in Z now im in F

Would you mind sharing which distance you cycled in trailseeker 1 and your time to put things into perspective?

Reason I'm asking is there are a number of us that cycled the Nissan Trailseeker 1 as our first SAS Seeding event and it turns out non of us have been seeded or have a seeding index for that matter.

Edited by Klappertjie

Would you mind sharing which distance you cycled in trailseeker 1 and your time to put things into perspective?

Reason I'm asking is there are a number of us that cycled the Nissan Trailseeker 1 as our first SAS Seeding event and it turns out non of us have been seeded or have a seeding index for that matter.

I have a seeding from prior races in 2010 that I have done, not even sure if it was SAS back then. But with the Trailseeker 1 70km I rode with a new number board (which has been registered to me if I check online) but I have no results for the event? So clearly they are slacking.

Maybe they only reseed you if you have hairy legs and ride in baggies?

Hmm, half way there. Now just to find a pair of baggies.

Aaaaah the old SAS seeding thread. Yip they are quite something. I had to email them twice and it took over 2 weeks before they realised they had uploaded the Sani Trail races wrong.

Just remember when you search for your SAS seeding on the top right corner you can set it to "National" or "Gauteng". This could explain why you may have a better National seeding than your friend but in a lower batch for the nissan race as that I think follows the Gauteng seeding. I could be wrong though.

I have given up with the system long time back. The trouble is we are forced to use it and have NO choice. I can't understand how ROAG can get your time sms to you straight after the event but SS timing and SAS can take ages. I also take offence that if you live in Gauteng you must pay R75 more for your CSA licence. I don't feel that money is used very well considering the mess up with SAS seeding. Lucky we have a place in Haarties, so I joined the Haarties club and registered there. No R75 to Gauteng CSA at last :thumbup: . Like a friend said that has just left SA. He loves the place but wants to go somewhere that he feels his Taxes get used correctly and for a better use..... Doubt I will go to that extreme.

See you all at the Nisaan this weekend :clap: looks like it may be a bit chilly

Aaaaah the old SAS seeding thread. Yip they are quite something. I had to email them twice and it took over 2 weeks before they realised they had uploaded the Sani Trail races wrong.

Just remember when you search for your SAS seeding on the top right corner you can set it to "National" or "Gauteng". This could explain why you may have a better National seeding than your friend but in a lower batch for the nissan race as that I think follows the Gauteng seeding. I could be wrong though.

I have given up with the system long time back. The trouble is we are forced to use it and have NO choice. I can't understand how ROAG can get your time sms to you straight after the event but SS timing and SAS can take ages. I also take offence that if you live in Gauteng you must pay R75 more for your CSA licence. I don't feel that money is used very well considering the mess up with SAS seeding. Lucky we have a place in Haarties, so I joined the Haarties club and registered there. No R75 to Gauteng CSA at last :thumbup: . Like a friend said that has just left SA. He loves the place but wants to go somewhere that he feels his Taxes get used correctly and for a better use..... Doubt I will go to that extreme.

See you all at the Nisaan this weekend :clap: looks like it may be a bit chilly

give them hell gords...I know you will....perhaps they are screening your number

Ha Ha some how I am still lobbed into the A batch again. Suppose I should not moan about their system from that point of view, but it still stinks and does not seem to have any consistent order. I really think they need to start it off fresh. I know some one that is seeded higher than some of the pro girls, yet they normally beat her in the big races. Just does not figure, but she is happy to be in A batch all the time.

Lets all register in North west next year and give less to the CSA and SAS Gauteng back pockets. May be they will listen then

Not sure if Seeding counts in batch allocations? My index is lower (better) than a friends, yet she is starting a batch ahead of me?

I have exactly the same thing. I think they are using the Gauteng index though and not the National index.

Sani2c pushed my National index down quite a bit, but didn't affect the Gauteng seeding obviously. I find it strange that you need to have 2 seeding indexes. Does it really matter where the race was?

sure, i did the 40km event in around 2hrs 24

Notvto wortied where i start but after reading this thread thought I'd look at my index. Yeah the seedings are messed up. I'm not fast by any means but faster than a lot of my friends starting in batches way ahead of me. Well I suppose it gives me a hare to chase.

The other thing is in the SS catagory my index is higher than guys with slower times in the same race???

Well whatever guess it'll work one day. Not to worried where I start to be honest, but the system is flawed. Not good for the race snakes and the guys that it matters to. It can't be that difficult to work a system. I know it's tricky cause not all races are the same but surely it can work on a % of the winning time. If burry or Kevin show up well that's just tough luck, then they could take your 5/10 best times over the last 24 months. Just a thought.

Not a massive PPA fan, but reading this thread and seeing my own SAS seeding makes me glad PPA is doing most of the seeding in the Western Cape (and not incompetent SAS). PPA's system is miles better and actually make sense most of the time :thumbup:. Pity that we cant have one uniform working seeding system in this country.

As far as i know they use your best 3 results of the past 2 years.... my rating was in the lower 30s last time i checked. Would have started batch E tomorrow...would that be about right???not riding though, due to injury....nissan trailseeker I started in D batch and did a 2:48. Bumped down to E....??

total *** this saseeding , finished in the top 50% in trail seekers race race 1 in june (quite an achievement for me) and being my only seeded race I'm still in the last group ! seriously !!!!! home affairs would runs better then sa seeding !

Exactly the same here, finished Tyger Valley in a time of 2:56 and again I will start in Batch F at Cuillinan. I will have a word with them at number pick-up though...