why do they still make 26 inch bikes if 29ers are clearly the way forward?

29er-norman

At top and above is the complete 2013 Stumpjumper FSR collection. The Stumpjumper FSR is now the only full suspension line that includes both 26″ and 29er. No, Specialized has no announced plans to do a 650B bike at this time, something reiterated by several folks across both the mens and womens bike lines.

http://www.bikerumor...actual-weights/

Yep the Stumpjumper FSR is maintains both sizes probably because its meant to be a all round bike and not a pure XCO or XMO bike allthough you could use it for them if you wanted to.

The point is Specialized have made a statemunt by their actions, if you want to buy one of their marathon or XC racing bikes it will have to be a 29er.... If you want a 26er then you have to buy a AM, DH, Freeride type bike.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4sjweBBKx1qgcra2o1_500.gif

THIS THREAD IS GOING NOWHERE SLOW

Is that Frank Schleck's Swingball set?

Edited by Tumbleweed

it really doesnt make sense to me why 26inch bikes are still in production especially if you look at the amount of 29ers and how popular they are in south africa at the moment please share your thoughts.

I think that it a retarded comment.

Ride my Morewood Zula in Tokai and then tell me that 26" bikes are dead and buried. But I guess if you live in JHB and the riding is mainly district roads then yes 26" are pointless.

It still mystifies me why people are selling perfectly good and fantastic 26" ual sus bikes for a 29" hardtail. That to me is regression but I guess each to his own.

I have a more important burning question, Durex or government issue ?

Ye if its burning when you pee,you shouldnt have used the government issue :thumbup:

Got directions we can share with this oke?

Go down Golden Drive. Bear right at the fork where the dirt road starts. Head into the bluegums.

Guest Omega Man

It still mystifies me why people are selling perfectly good and fantastic 26" ual sus bikes for a 29" hardtail. That to me is regression but I guess each to his own.

Shush. It means we can score stupid bargains on barely used 26 inch bikes.

As to the original question. I was in France 2 weeks ago riding in Morzine, Les Gets etc and I saw one 29er in 2 weeks. On district roads they are the way forward. On real tracks that challenge and exite. They simply don't work.

Oh this a fanny thread ... Funny I mean... :)

You know nothing about how different wheel sizes compare11!!!

I bet you haven't even ridden a 650B with a wobbly back wheel.

:lol:

Edited by slick

I want a hardtail with a 29er back wheel and 650b front, and I want a 29er dually, and I want a 26" 140mm travel bike.

Remember when these were cool?

post-1604-0-79063200-1343033462.jpg

Sorry, I'm either too young to remember... or maybe just missed out by not living on the east rond

Edited by patches