Recommend me a road bike for R15k or less

jcza

Carbon frame

Shimano 105 or better

Incl. pedals & cages

MTB'er needing to do D2D, Rand Water & 94.7 and I need wheels.

if you only doing those, why do you want to spend so much money ? whats wrong with a new alu framed bike ?

I was in exactly the same boat a month ago, a mountain biker looking for a carbon road bike to do the same races. Was even looking at stretching a bit to get a Bianchi C2C.....

However, for me sanity prevailed and I settled for a Fuji Newest 1.0 for less than half that.

It has Tiagra 3x10 and I have been pretty pleased with it thus far given my requirements. It resulted in me having some change available to take advantage of a special or three, including from CWCycles.

Thanks for the responses. I should have clarified that those are races this year, will do more next year. Apologies.

Quite like the Silverback. The Trek & Merida will be great but won't fit the budget. I want to get something decent that will last me a couple of years. Sure I can get a alu for half the price but in 6 months I'll be wishing that I spent the extra. Ideally I want to buy from a shop in Jhb and not have the bike shipped/mailed to me. I prefer personal contact. (Not Cajees though, been there, done that as we all seem to do)

Also considering the Axis - http://www.axis-bikes.com/bikes/road/ar-20-c

Thanks for the responses. I should have clarified that those are races this year, will do more next year. Apologies.

Quite like the Silverback. The Trek & Merida will be great but won't fit the budget. I want to get something decent that will last me a couple of years. Sure I can get a alu for half the price but in 6 months I'll be wishing that I spent the extra. Ideally I want to buy from a shop in Jhb and not have the bike shipped/mailed to me. I prefer personal contact. (Not Cajees though, been there, done that as we all seem to do)

Also considering the Axis - http://www.axis-bike...es/road/ar-20-c

Check your PM. the guy I named there will give you big discount. The shipping route might be worth it.

You can get a carbon scott with full 105 for that price at Cajees. And then take it to a friend place for setup.

I was in exactly the same boat a month ago, a mountain biker looking for a carbon road bike to do the same races. Was even looking at stretching a bit to get a Bianchi C2C.....

However, for me sanity prevailed and I settled for a Fuji Newest 1.0 for less than half that.

It has Tiagra 3x10 and I have been pretty pleased with it thus far given my requirements. It resulted in me having some change available to take advantage of a special or three, including from CWCycles.

And within a year you'll be buying yourself a proper road bike !!!