Let's see those On One's

Hairy

Xfussion sweep 160mm fork; XT brakes and derailleur with a 1x9, Zee cranks with 32 tooth narrow wide, rapide 45mm stem with 780mm bars, 180mm front rotor and 160 rear, not sure of the rims but 30mm internal width.

Jisliaak!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody here that owns a size large Dee Dar and lives around Cape Town - Somerset West area?  I am in the market for a steel hardtail and the Dee Dar is the bike that ticks all the boxes.  Just one problem, not sure if the Large frame will fit me.  I'm 1.87m tall with longer legs than torso.  So, I would like to see if I will fit on the bike before I go ahead and buy one.

Any help would be appreciated.

The dee dar that i bought from hellocolour is the only one i have seen is SA so far. best is look for a bike with the same(or close as possible) geometry as the dee dar large and test ride/fit that. even if its ali. you are just looking for sizing before ordering

The dee dar that i bought from hellocolour is the only one i have seen is SA so far. best is look for a bike with the same(or close as possible) geometry as the dee dar large and test ride/fit that. even if its ali. you are just looking for sizing before ordering

Sob... sniff... very sad face. 

Anyway as a guide, I'm 5'9" and I felt the M was a little cramped but I was swapping between that and a very long, slack 29'r dual sus' but felt like I needed another 10mm for me to be super dialled. If I'd kept it I'd have popped on a 60mm stem which would have done the job. I'm planning on getting another one when I'm OS again and might pickup the large this time looking at the geo and the reach for both and having had the M. Odd thing was the guy I spoke to from On One said I would be between a S and a M. Go figure. 

Anyone with a secondhand on one inbred or 456 26inch frame, size 16 inch or 18 inch they want to part with?

Sob... sniff... very sad face. 

Anyway as a guide, I'm 5'9" and I felt the M was a little cramped but I was swapping between that and a very long, slack 29'r dual sus' but felt like I needed another 10mm for me to be super dialled. If I'd kept it I'd have popped on a 60mm stem which would have done the job. I'm planning on getting another one when I'm OS again and might pickup the large this time looking at the geo and the reach for both and having had the M. Odd thing was the guy I spoke to from On One said I would be between a S and a M. Go figure. 

you see this is where the whole geometry and bike feel comes in, as well as how other components make a bike feel. 

182cm in height and on that dee dar, I have 780 bars with a 40mm stem. now this is where things change. i had a 160mm fork and riding it like that it felt a little cramped as well, but i also felt like the handle bars where under my stomach and chest was over the front wheel a little due to the steepness on the frame. dropping the fork to 140mm made a huge difference in my body position i felt more at home on the bike straight away. (then again i did ride a bmx all the way through high school so im used to a smaller bike) 

the thing to take away from this is one) ride a bike that you feel fits you well. sizes and geometry are just there as a guide to what might be best for you(especially if you have a bike already) and two) small changes in stem bar width and fork height can make the world of difference to the way a bike feels.  

PS. i had a medium STP that was to small for me, but a medium trance is perfect with a 60mm stem and 760mm bars on a 130mm fork. even though the dee dar has longer top tube with the taller fork and short stem the cockpit feels the same on both bikes. 

• 3 weeks later...

Cool thanks - needed to search harder.

Doesnt come up if you click on the FRAMES link on their site. 

I know, I ended up typing it into the search box

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Would anyone in the Cape Town area be interrested in a Codeine 29er that may be going up for sale?

Had a crash on first day of my leave and broke my ankle badly. Bike still fine but my riding future is in jeopardy.

Would anyone in the Cape Town area be interrested in a Codeine 29er that may be going up for sale?

Had a crash on first day of my leave and broke my ankle badly. Bike still fine but my riding future is in jeopardy.

Shame man, that's not ideal. 

PM me the spec's and deets. I have a friend who is looking for that kind of ride.