Let's see those On One's

Hairy

Anybody here that owns a size large Dee Dar and lives around Cape Town - Somerset West area?  I am in the market for a steel hardtail and the Dee Dar is the bike that ticks all the boxes.  Just one problem, not sure if the Large frame will fit me.  I'm 1.87m tall with longer legs than torso.  So, I would like to see if I will fit on the bike before I go ahead and buy one.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a large Dee Dar - I am 1.88 m and long legs. It fits fine. Just make sure your fork has a decent longish steerer tube so the bars aren't too low. 

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anyone in the Cape Town area be interrested in a Codeine 29er that may be going up for sale?

Had a crash on first day of my leave and broke my ankle badly. Bike still fine but my riding future is in jeopardy.

Eish. That sucks man. What size? Edited by Pieter1

This bike has featured in the Gravity section under long travel hard tails already, but may as well put it here. Frame is a Large pearl white bought thanks to Flowta putting me on to a fire sale that lasted about a day at On One. Only received the frame 3 weeks ago and had to wait for a headset to arrive after that. 

Build is based on my old 26er enduro parts so a 160mm Pike, Flow 26" wheels with serious rubber, SLX cranks/XT mech/SLx brakes/Saint shifter/Giant dropper/Funn bars and rear hub/Spaz seat/35mm stem/Nukeprrof headset

Bike is very easy to ride fast downhill and there are no pedal strike issues with the 26" wheels. BB is about 320mm and it corners and turns like a boss. Only downside is my legs take strain being the rear suspension on bumpy trails. 

post-14003-0-72070600-1516718891_thumb.jpg

This bike has featured in the Gravity section under long travel hard tails already, but may as well put it here. Frame is a Large pearl white bought thanks to Flowta putting me on to a fire sale that lasted about a day at On One. Only received the frame 3 weeks ago and had to wait for a headset to arrive after that. 

Build is based on my old 26er enduro parts so a 160mm Pike, Flow 26" wheels with serious rubber, SLX cranks/XT mech/SLx brakes/Saint shifter/Giant dropper/Funn bars and rear hub/Spaz seat/35mm stem/Nukeprrof headset

Bike is very easy to ride fast downhill and there are no pedal strike issues with the 26" wheels. BB is about 320mm and it corners and turns like a boss. Only downside is my legs take strain being the rear suspension on bumpy trails. 

Massive fun! 

I have the almost exact same bike, except with a 150mm Pike.

Love it

Manuals and Wheelies for days !! 

I have the almost exact same bike, except with a 150mm Pike.

Love it

Manuals and Wheelies for days !! 

I noticed the wheelie ability, really easy compared to my other bike  - not that I can hold it for more than 1 m ... :-(

• 3 weeks later...

So I e-mailed On One to hear when they will have L size 650b Codeine frames again. They said they won’t be ordering anymore :( Does not look like much is going on there anymore. This makes me sad.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't think I've posted it here.. Yesterday after a quick wash 

G1ONVZw.jpg

RO2yxqT.jpg

3x5W2Yl.jpg

xuPb3AY.jpg

The water splashes on the floor just got the Cape town guys more jealous than the bike itself!!

Nice bike tho!! On-One is still on my bucket list bikes!

Apparently I dont have Nino Shurters skills. Went OTB and trashed my front Citec wheel. A sad day indeed.

But even with her new front hoop, she still gets my motor running,

attachicon.gif20180305_144223.jpg

just rip the decals off both wheels and they will appear the same ... L.O.V.E the On One pearlised white frame spray jobs!

• 3 weeks later...

any of you riff raff every swing a leg over the Codiene frames ... specifically the 650b?

FROOCO27-STE_P1.jpg

any of you riff raff every swing a leg over the Codiene frames ... specifically the 650b?

FROOCO27-STE_P1.jpg

I wish I could say yes. I see they not making them anymore and they do not have my size n stock. Super bumed. But oh well. Maybe they make something lekker before I buy that Silverback.

I wish I could say yes. I see they not making them anymore and they do not have my size n stock. Super bumed. But oh well. Maybe they make something lekker before I buy that Silverback.

you referring to the Slider LT ... because that is a sexy frame