Let's see those On One's

Hairy

My chain stay of my Kinesis Max-light frame snapped on a ride up to the top of the Soutpansberg at an hour before Midnight on New Year's eve. I managed to carry on up to the top of the 930m ascent as the pressure on the chain held it together but decent was impossible.

After a few days looking at alternatives I ordered a Inbred on Sunday 3rd Jan and it arrived yesterday (Friday) morning.

I transferred everything over from the Kinesis and only need the Seat post clamp, the headset and some new gear cables.

These views show it set up for night adventure with the Exposure six pack, , GoPro and my Garmin 500 . With the 120 decibel Zound air horn and SWAT spray it makes for a busy but compact cockpit.

That is a very busy cockpit ;)

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not ridden mine in so long I can't even look at it in the mornings when I walk to my car... I'm a bad owner.

I had the same problem. Ended up replacing the headset with a more durable one.

Did exactly that. Cane creek on the bike at the mo.

No parts for the smoothie light locally. But it lasted well for the little money i paid for it.

anyone know if the inbred 29er, how would it do with a 120mm fork?

Ryan's covered that before: On One rate it for 100mm, but trust me, it wont be a problem to run 120mm :thumbup:

Ok...

There's a few issues with this, from slightly quirky steering to a raised BB height. My personal opinion (and not that of On-One I might add) is that if you're after some fun and don't take the bike too seriously, give it a go. You're going to get a slightly slacker HA - may need to run a shorter stem to accommodate possibly ungainly steering, and a slightly higher BB height. If the increased height doesn't bug you the bonus is the additional clearance.

Just don't come to me for a warranty claim if the head tube rips itself from the frame on bigger jumps etc  :clap: ...

If you're after something to really look towards aggressive trail riding then a 456 type frame is probably the ticket...

Make the changes, post some pics, do some riding, let us know your experience.

Chatted to Brand Richards RE this before and he is adamant to keep it at 100mm ..... but I recon 120mm could be fun and the frame should take it,

Ryan's covered that before: On One rate it for 100mm, but trust me, it wont be a problem to run 120mm :thumbup:

got a spare Inbred frame i bought long time ago, read on MTBr and elsewhere , including OnOne saying 100mm.

Messaged Ryan re getting a new frame, but the strong Rand is definitely not helping.

Thanks for that :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

spin out much?

uhm yes and no, obviously on the fast descends i was left for dead, made up for it on the small hills :ph34r: :whistling: 

was great fun, stopped in after chappies to fill up bottle... also picked up my daughter about 600m from the finish, and she completed it with me... her first argurst in the bag at the age of 1

Brilliant photos.

Here is mine after the CTCT

nice, and what ratio you run, and would you do it again...

apart from the tandem argurst i rode 2 years ago, this was one of the hardest but definitely the most fun argurst I've ever done

Originally bough this for my son but now mine for a SS.

I've got a faint suspicion it is the same frame as in post 14.

FD will be removed!!!

Anybody got a nice set of 175mm cranks?

Where do I get the horizontal rear wheel adjusters?

post-16912-0-71315300-1457431956_thumb.jpg

post-16912-0-70332100-1457431965_thumb.jpg

post-16912-0-12201000-1457431977_thumb.jpg