Mass mtb gathering for hubbers

Joe_Cogs

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to sound preachy but its the best thing I ever did for my riding. Makes a huge difference.

The ride sounds good.

Can someone please let me know where kingskloof is??

From where are you coming? If you take Hendrik Potgieter, cross the Krugersdorp highway, about 5 or 6 km later you'll see a little farm stall on your left. Thats it. Its next to Hadeco bulbs.

Now it's a party! :D

Am keen! Good suggestion Pieter... Apparently some technical and some hills! Good challenge

Am already looking forward to the beer afterwards ;)

From where are you coming? If you take Hendrik Potgieter, cross the Krugersdorp highway, about 5 or 6 km later you'll see a little farm stall on your left. Thats it. Its next to Hadeco bulbs.

Thanks, I will be coming from the east, I will use google to get more info.

Erm, guys I am not to sure Kings Kloof is the best place for a general Hub ride. I have only done the most difficult route (think it was the black one) but I can tell you that it is propper technical at places. Yes, they have propper climbs (good luck to the SSers to select a gear for the ride :whistling: ) but most of the climbs are technical. Lots and lots of loose rocks which make this a venue that I don't reccomend to beginners. Now, I am not saying anyone is a beginner :ph34r: , I am just saying that I've assisted guys there that broke arms etc and it would not be cool if somethig like this happens to any of us on a Hub ride. I seem to recall that the non black routs are fairly short (even the Black route is only 22km)

That being said, I will join the ride if we do go to Kings Kloof (perhaps it is a good place to go test that Hub home made energy drink :ph34r: )

I've attached one of the Kings Kloof rides that I did earlier this year so that you can see the profile.

post-27214-0-55112800-1345389176.png

Fair call :)

I think the point of organising these rides is to try out different places and let the people decide whether they want to attend or not.

I for one (as proven) am no pro but I do really enjoy the challenge and trying to keep up with you guys. It helps with improving my fitness, but it's also cool for the social and general banter.

But at least people have been warned

Looks great. :)

Will without a shadow of a doubt be bringing gears and lots of squishy suspension to this one. Some good technical riding seems like just what the therapist ordered.

Looks easy enough........................NOT!! :eek: but willing to give anything a try once! (and I can still always just walk......) :ph34r:

There are places where you either ride down or you dont go down at all :eek: , walking would result in a face plant of note. I haven't been there since early this year so it might have changes somewhat so the loose rocks might be somewhat off the trails by now...

Karma, This is not a place where you want to take your non snakeskin Ralph, but your 120mm travel will feel right at home once you've swopped your rear tyre to something with stronger sidewalls

Kings is a kick in the balls but the views and downhills and technicall challanges are super fun. Its my most favourite place, even tho I have to engage difflock here and there. The last time we rode there, there was a group if ss'ers, they managed well.