Mass mtb gathering for hubbers

Joe_Cogs

Kings is a kick in the balls but the views and downhills and technicall challanges are super fun. Its my most favourite place, even tho I have to engage difflock here and there. The last time we rode there, there was a group if ss'ers, they managed well.

these ss'ers are damn strong! after our hub ride yesterday I think I should go add a comment on the Burry-Olympics thread - "nevermind a 29er, Burry whould have have won if he rode a ss!" Mike, Iron and Eldron, you guys kicked ass without trying too... Edited by Mr SingleTrack

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a chat to the other SS guys yesterday and I now know their secret to fast SS riding i promise I wont tell.

But ja, even with the secret weapon you guys are freakishly fast. :o

It was nice indeed riding with ya all :)

Pretty good pace to get the cobwebs off and get me started again!

And I'm also keen to join in for next times...just have to put up the calendar and look at all the events that's coming now before I can commit...

See you all soon again!

Kingskloof is sounding awesome! I have hill2hill on the 15th so lots of climbing practice is just what the doc ordered!!!

On another note, you ss's are tempting me to build/buy an ss! So I'll be looking for advice being the noob I am. I don't want to hi-jack this thread so please please could you guys p.m. me pointing me in the right direction.

Lastly to try put face to name, does anyone remember seeing a lonely fat guy on a silver Merida in a red Fox top?

Haven'nt been back to King's proper since they moved the entrance to the flower farm. Part of the Silverstar mtb race goes through King if I remember correctly. Might join you guys on the 8th. Will probably ride from home down HP. Legs are going to be poked for the uphill ride home! eish.

these ss'ers are damn strong! after our hub ride yesterday I think I should go add a comment on the Burry-Olympics thread - "nevermind a 29er, Burry whould have have won if he rode a ss!" Mike, Iron and Eldron, you guys kicked ass without trying too...

Hahaha! A 29" ss... Joe if you want beers at kk you need to pack your own cooler as they only sel softdrinks at the farmstall. There is one climb where you climb on loose slate oh no wait there are two of those the rest is just rocky. I recon its good h2h training. The black route is the best/most fun.

Had a chat to the other SS guys yesterday and I now know their secret to fast SS riding i promise I wont tell.

But ja, even with the secret weapon you guys are freakishly fast. :o

Secret , what secret ? See what happens when i miss lunch .

I will ride KK just to do that black route again. I have only been there once before.

I'm not quite sure how non technical riders will enjoy it though. The first steep descent was very steep. Lots of guys battling who didn't look like noobs. Then there was a long, long climb followed by the awesome black route. Barreling down this rocky single track at speed and encountering a series of small drop offs. No braking, no stopping, just hop off...

I hope I can make it on the 8th.

I just realised that I was at Modders at the same time as y'all yesterday. I am pretty sure I saw you guys - I should have said 'hallo'. Sadly I am not able to make KK on the 8th... Maybe next time.

dammit Joe, here we go again!!! I cannot ride on Saturdays :angry:

i understand catering for the masses :P ;)

Take a days leave .......... we worth it :D