No more 26" MTB from 2013 - is this true?

gummybear

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's were we are streaks ahead as a country. In Banking and 29ers... One day the rest will catch up, until then I will continue looking down at those of you on your antique perambulators from the height of my 29er...... Great topic for this time of the morning..

well i guess its going to be a little embarrassing for you when i come riding passed you on my antique perambulator..... (u stir the pot, i stir the pot)

29ers have their purpose.

well i guess its going to be a little embarrassing for you when i come riding passed you on my antique perambulator..... (u stir the pot, i stir the pot)

Well riddle me this then, why are all the pros on 29ers then.

Well riddle me this then, why are all the pros on 29ers then.

Is greg minnaar on a 29er???????????????????

Fully agree...oh and 29'ers roll over stuffs much better. You cannot argue with science.

Won't roll over anything better then a 26" bike if youre a crap rider. :whistling:

A couple of friends were having a friendly 26er-29er debate around a braai in May. Decided to put it to the test at Groenkloof 20km circuit. First round on my 2011 29er Scott Team, second round on my friend's 2010 26er Giant Anthem X2. The result , 2min 26sec faster on the 26er. I am ashamed that I fell for the marketing BS.

Tit for tat, go with your heart.

Cycling long distance on dirt roads is just that, mountain biking is XC :D

Is greg minnaar on a 29er???????????????????

Greg would be much faster if he was on a 29'er....FACT but SC doesn't build 29'ers with 8 gazillion inches of travel.

Remember the contact patch of a 29'er is bigger than on a 26'er for the same psi so he will have more grip and would be able to bomb downhill much faster. Also the whole rolling over stuff chestnut. Science always wins...always

a Pram ??? what are you guys on about

Interestingly, Victor Matfield was at the Cullinan Nissan Series on a 26" dual suspension bike...

FWIW I know some manufacturers are no longer producing 26" hardtails in 2013 (e.g BMC).

He was in my start chute. It looked like a Merida 29er hardtail

I have also taken two different 29'ers for a spin around Groenkloof at two different occasions and failed to see what the big hoo-haa is about . It's a bicycle !!!

They're getting rid of all non-29er bikes. Even 12", 16", 20" and 26" bikes are being stopped. Good news though is that they'll be making kids' bikes in 29er now. Kids will now know real speed from the age of three onwards.

I can see it now..3 year old at the starting blocks, wheels taller than the kid..frame that looks like a big bannana on wheels, poor kids going to have to stand.. hands above head to reach the bars..

I can see it now..3 year old at the starting blocks, wheels taller than the kid..frame that looks like a big bannana on wheels, poor kids going to have to stand.. hands above head to reach the bars..

You, sir, have seen the future… :thumbup:

www.thecoastalcrew.com

I say no more

Doesn't count...they are sponsered riders and have to ride 26'ers.

Ok ok ok...can't anymore to the OP...its BS chap.