Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a happy rider to be waiting out there  - come on and get this Pascoe ;)

This one is sold already :thumbup:

Robodog

I'm owner of 120 650b #1 in SA. :)

thought it would just make for a interesting section on your FB, to have photos of all the Pyga's build by you guys. Nice sales tool also.

G

I have taken pics of most of them. A number of them still in the shop as demo bikes. So if you want to test out a 110, 120 or 140 just pop in. Might need to book it if on a weekend.

Yes, you can access our FB page 'The Trailhead SA' through the website in my signature.

Check it out !!

"Robert Havill was good to get amongst it on his PYGA."
One of the weapons of choice at the recent EWS Rotorua Enduro!!!
http://enduro-mtb.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Bike-checks-60-780x520.jpg

Just about ready to pull the trigger on a 110 frame which I will build up from my Trance. What other parts would I need to do the build, I am thinking that I would need a new bb and headset, although the bb only has about 500km done on it, ,I am going to change the stem as well as I can't bring myself to put a Giant contact stem on a Pyga, draw the line at the dropper and carbon bars. What advice can you give me. Current build on the Trance is XX1, xt brakes, flow wheels, revelation 140 up front

Edited by Mpati29

What's your budget? Also what length you considering?

Bibi always has some nice stems you can look at?

Also, the Trance is a 27.5, you're building a 110 - or did I miss something?

Trance 29er, posted it rather cheekily a few pages ago as my Pyga build, will be taking a 110 for some tests to decide in that as the geometry on the 2 frames are a bit different, I'm on a medium Trance but will go for a large Pyga on Patrick's recommendation so will need a shorter stem than I currently have probably in the 50mm range. Don't want to budget overly high as there must always be room for upgrades, so probably upper mid level. Would love Some Chris King Bling but that would be overkill for now. I see a lot of builds going out with Spank, FUNN and Cane Creek

I just got a Spank Spike bar - will use it this weekend.Cane Creek is the way to go.

Just interested in the fork - you buying a new fork as well?

Size wise.

will check it out thanks, funny spank has one by that name too

yeah, I know - but this KCNC is crazy cheap. 

Just don't buy the other one - there's a huge difference in material thickness and strength between the bear claw and i think the superlight (or something)

oh - on the carbon bars - make sure that there aren't any rough points on the stem that could create a stress riser on the bars. Not good or carbon. I'd even recommend giving the stem's inner faces a bit of a light sand to remove any burrs before you put them together...