New to MTB (Need alot o stuff)

123hannes321

Some prescription glasses is the answer, expensive for me now, just bought the bike.

Again I say this: "You don't need them. I ride with normal glasses. No problems at all"

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then, I wear glasses. Can see without them but struggle to see road signs and stuff....?

I are fockin confused. It appears you are to, noob.

Let me explain, MTB=off road=no road signs.

FFS!

Oh ya, I had prescription Oakleys made for me. Lenses were done in Ireland through Designer Optical at Fourways crossing; they also do Adidas etc

:oops: What did these cost you Richard....I am in the same situatiion....thanks

*Hijack off*

Don't forget shoes. I got myself some shoes at mr price, not the best but its ok to start with. then as the others said Helmet very important and full finger gloves

Again I say this: "You don't need them. I ride with normal glasses. No problems at all"

I tried this, ended up having to replace the lenses in the normal glasses, plus eneded up having to get prescription riding glasses anyway. I would not recommend it.

I have been riding with normal glasses for over two years now and not once did I have any problems

Not doing yourself any favours by doing that, well with all them UV rays out there.

Not doing yourself any favours by doing that, well with all them UV rays out there.

It has got UV ray filters and anti-glare builtin - had to have them as I have got very sensitive eyes

:oops: What did these cost you Richard....I am in the same situatiion....thanks

*Hijack off*

Good question.

I waited for this year to do it, and did it through my medical aid.

They submitted the claim etc, and I just paid in like R300.

They give a great deal if you buy the frame and lenses there, I think it all came in at R4k or so - maybe less.

It has got UV ray filters and anti-glare builtin - had to have them as I have got very sensitive eyes

Sounds like the Rolls Royce of lenses! Fancy-fancy. :)