Save the track !!!

Leg breaker

“The Bellville Velodrome is in a crisis situation and needs our help as an integral part of the cycling community.The City is considering demolishing both it and the athletics track to make way for a hotel complex.

On Friday night there is an Interprovincial Championship featuring Berhard Esterhuizen who came a creditable 11th place in the London Olympics.

Council Representatives’ will be there on Friday to asses the popularity of the event.

We need those stands FULL!!

For those of you who have never watched track cycling it is incredibly exciting and promises to be a very entertaining evening with the opportunity to watch some of the best track exponents in SA in action.

Start :Friday evening 7pm to 9pm

Entrance: Free”

Guys please come if you can, its a great sport to watch. Also its a good way to keep your kids of the street in a safe environment.

Sorry only from next week, I really want to bring my son around, he is

kinda interested in track cycling

You should bring him on wednesday at 6:30, that's the develpment riders there's bike there he can use. If you interested I'll give you the guys number who runs it.

yeah, thats the problem, he has a hectic extracurricular program and then we are out in the southern suburbs. I only get home at 6. Are Wednesdays the only days?

Yay, another hotel for the strained tourism market in the Western Cape ... NOT !! Given the not-so-great hotel occupancy rates in the WC, and not-so-great forecast for the next 3 years at least, I wonder how the council arrived at the decision to build another hotel, and in this location ??

yeah, thats the problem, he has a hectic extracurricular program and then we are out in the southern suburbs. I only get home at 6. Are Wednesdays the only days?

I go to school in the southern suburbs and go to the drome occasionally, can give a lift sometime.

Will let you know when I next go.

Tuesdays and Thursday are for more advanced riders, but sometimes on Saturdays or Sundays their is development training.

Contact me if want to know more on how get started. I have rental bikes for first timers who want to try out the track. The session also includes 1.5 hours of coaching covering your introduction to the track. Currently I've introduced more than 20 riders to the track and the guys/girls generally rent a bike for a couple of times and then source their own.

Coaching is provided with every bike rental and riders that have acquired their own bikes still train with me (no cost) when I take out the newcomers until they are ready to go on their own.

Contact me for a booking: jaco@trackcyclingsa.co.za

Edited by trackcyclingsa

i saw an emai where City officials have refuted the rumours that the velodrome & the athletics track will be demolished. was a pleasant surprise to see a decent crowd at the drome on Friday night. imho, that is when track meetings should be held, on Friday nites , not on Tuesday nites when the youngsters must do homework and go to school the next day.

Contact me if want to know more on how get started. I have rental bikes for first timers who want to try out the track. The session also includes 1.5 hours of coaching covering your introduction to the track. Currently I've introduced more than 20 riders to the track and the guys/girls generally rent a bike for a couple of times and then source their own.

Coaching is provided with every bike rental and riders that have acquired their own bikes still train with me (no cost) when I take out the newcomers until they are ready to go on their own.

Contact me for a booking: jaco@trackcyclingsa.co.za

awesome! wish there was the same initiative in gauteng