This what the parents of Bishops use the cycle lane for

nathrix

Agreed. In my day my dad would open the door and we had to jump.

These kids nowadays have it easy!

Mine used to push....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those cars belond to the grade 12 pupils. PArents at Bishops would never be caught dead in those lumps of junk ... Mini and only a Disco 3 ... em-bara-sing!

:thumbup:

I must say, Slaapstad, although one of the nicest places to ride, was not developed with sport (cycling) in mind. All those stegies where 2 cars can barely pass, eish. Go look at a modern city like Melbourne, designed around the sport person. Just my opinion.

I must say, Slaapstad, although one of the nicest places to ride, was not developed with sport (cycling) in mind. All those stegies where 2 cars can barely pass, eish. Go look at a modern city like Melbourne, designed around the sport person. Just my opinion.

Most European Cities also have small narrow roads .... I walk out of my house onto the moutain - pretty accessible i think. I have friends you will in JHB and spend more time riding to the cradle than actually cycling.

I can't picture where in relation to Bishops this picture was taken, some more info please. It sure doesn't look like the Bishops main entrance.

On another note, parents (except me of course) dropping and fetching kids from school are the worst traffic jammers on earth, far worse than taxis, and more rude also.

I don't think this has anything to do with Bishops, just about every cycle lane in Cape Town looks like that. The council painted those lanes years ago, but they are terrible. Another great idea badly excecuted.

We live opposite a school in Claremont. Its frightening to watch how the parents drive and where they think they can park.

Another example of Saffers' culture of entitlement.

Time to start riding with my 9mm when my doc gives me the all clear you mean?

Those cars belond to the grade 12 pupils. PArents at Bishops would never be caught dead in those lumps of junk ... Mini and only a Disco 3 ... em-bara-sing!

How can you discriminate like that. Some grade 8 pupils could very well be old enough to drive.

glad someone got it :thumbup:

I thought I was the only one. Bring is up during conversation and people just stare at you. :D :clap:

It's simple, phone the traffic department. I'm sure the cops woulnt mind some extra cash from tickets issued.

Yip. We regularly arrange for the metro to enforce the law around my kids' school.