26/27.5/29 Mega Merge Thread.

Tieffels

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting some and they will fit my bike, wanna know why? CAUSE I CAN :whistling:

+1, let me know how it goes? very interested in price and how easy it was to retrofit

+1, let me know how it goes? very interested in price and how easy it was to retrofit

I have checked the 'interwebs' and they have been fitted on my bike I intend putting them on with no issues! Pikshas and all .... :thumbup:

Always a quarel about wheel size.

Jip, it will fit Scott Spark back stay, but maybe not the front fork.

I also have the Scott Spark Carbon, and is a great bike, and im also going to fit 650b wheels. Need to change shock, but its still cheaper to do as get a new bike either 650b bike and 29er.

650b according to me is best of both worlds and no disadvantages.

Im in no hurry to get it, but ill get it!!

I have been riding 650b wheels on my Spark for quite a while now they are faster on the flats than a 26er. As Johan said you are a bit higher off the ground and it is a little harder on the tight twisty stuff (not too bad) but don't forget you probably still have your 26 inch wheels like I do, so when I ride on Eselfontein with lots of single track and tight corners I just use my 26inch wheels. I would say 80% of the races I ride I will be using the 650b. Rode the Sani 2C on the 650b and you can stay with the 29ers on the flats but my partner (who is stronger than me) had problems keeping up with me on his 26er, he has a Volcan and he has ordered his 650b wheels after seeing what mine did on the Sani.

Always a quarel about wheel size.

Jip, it will fit Scott Spark back stay, but maybe not the front fork.

I also have the Scott Spark Carbon, and is a great bike, and im also going to fit 650b wheels. Need to change shock, but its still cheaper to do as get a new bike either 650b bike and 29er.

650b according to me is best of both worlds and no disadvantages.

Im in no hurry to get it, but ill get it!!

I think you are making a good choice I just swapped my wifes Fox for my SID. If you are going to wait I would wait till they bring out a 2.10 back tyre as I am running a the Racing Ralph and it a 2.25 back tyre and as Johan said when you do go through mud it does hit the side of the frame. I also have the Scott Spark Carbon but it has a alu. back triangle (unless you have the RC) so a little paint off now and again is not too bad.

Hi!!

I want to upgrade to a 29er, I just want to know if it is really the shizz they say it is.

Also I want to go from hardtail to full suss.

At the moment I am looking at the Scott Spark 29 Team.

post-34691-0-39403200-1340307828.jpg

Good bike! :thumbup:

:clap: awesome - they are going cheaper now as the 2013 one are coming in. Saw one for 15k.

Have a look at the Fuji Outland 1.0 it's 18k with XT, Reba fork, Fox shock, WTB wheels. Don't know how it compares to others but seems good value

Have a look at the Fuji Outland 1.0 it's 18k with XT, Reba fork, Fox shock, WTB wheels. Don't know how it compares to others but seems good value

Whoah! :w00t: Awesome bike! But according to the Fuji site they only go to M/L and I need a XL..... Will have a look around. Thanx

Riding a bike has allot more to do with the geometry of the frame and weight distribution on the bike than the size of the wheels.

In other words you feeling confident on your bike and enjoying the ride.

If you are looking at 29'ers look at Niner frames.

Best geometry in the business in my opinion.

Just remember a bad fitment can ruin any bike no matter how expensive or "special".

29" wheels has it's advantages & disadvantages...

Another nice feature with these Sparks is the wheel base is relatively short for the 29" design which helps with cornering.

Try riding a friends if you can, to get a real feel. you could still get away with a hardtail, the 29er is a bit more forgiving than the 26er

The Scott is a good bike though its suspension setup is much firmer than the some other bikes in this category.... you could opt for a proper bike like the Anthem 29er.......

there was a good review of the Full suspension 29er under 30K 2 months ago in the Bicycling mag and the Scott scored well for the price, try get hold of a copy its a good read

In my honest opinion the whole 29er thing is a bit over rated. Yes they are softer and they might seem faster (to some). I think it's more a case of a good bike fitment, weight and your fitness level.