MTB Wheels - Mavic vs Easton

scuzzy

Geez - he must quite a skinny oke to be that tall and weigh so little. I weigh 79kg and I'm 6'2". Now i feel overweight :whistling:

He is

Sorry....just checked his VO2Max test and he is 79kg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the price difference over the ea90..get the H A V E N S..bargain & you might even be invited to V's secret society :thumbup:

Sorry there is no price diff.... :blush:

weight wise

ae90 Wheelset Weight: 1560gr

havens Wheelset Weight: 1650gr

not even comparable HAVENS all the way :thumbup:

weight wise

90 grams difference in weight for an immeasurable difference in strength and durability. Not to mention bling!

Pulled the trigger last night,

Was looking at putting together a set of ZTR Crests/Hope evo2 Hubs and Pillar spokes, in the end they're to close specs and these are such a nice special. They will go onto my 26er, which currently have 2 solid early human development/flint stone rolling rocks by the weight...

The ZTR/Hope/Pillar is still planned for the 27.5.

G

ea70 were like R2500 @ crc

ea90 R4500 when the easton sale was on.

Just pull the trigger on some HAVENS :whistling: :lol:

hehehe,

V, where do I get my secret membership badge :)

G

For the price difference over the ea90..get the H A V E N S..bargain & you might even be invited to V's secret society :thumbup:

semi high jack,

how does the Hope Evo2 hubs compare to the Hub Type: M1 / 6-Bolt Disc Type Only as per the CRC special

G

And the hubs compared to the Mavics?

ea70 were like R2500 @ crc

ea90 R4500 when the easton sale was on.

Just pull the trigger on some HAVENS :whistling: :lol:

I saw that the ea70 are like R2300 on crc, but the rear is 142 x 12 & the guys at omnico doesn't know whether they could be converted to 135 x 9mmQR.

Anyone here know? or know where to look for the 'axle conversion'?

If it can be then I'll order the ea70 as well as a srt of havens as I've got 2 bikes & it can never hurt having 2 x such nice wheelsets :whistling:

I saw that the ea70 are like R2300 on crc, but the rear is 142 x 12 & the guys at omnico doesn't know whether they could be converted to 135 x 9mmQR.

Anyone here know? or know where to look for the 'axle conversion'?

If it can be then I'll order the ea70 as well as a srt of havens as I've got 2 bikes & it can never hurt having 2 x such nice wheelsets :whistling:

Hmm, sorry man im no good with axle sizing.It probably can be converted though.

Best would be to ask V,he prob has more know then omnico on the subject :thumbup:

It shows : Rear Axle Size: 135/142mm x 12mm bolt thru (axle not included)

135/142mm x 12mm (in stock)

i think it accomodates both >? :)

It shows : Rear Axle Size: 135/142mm x 12mm bolt thru (axle not included)

135/142mm x 12mm (in stock)

i think it accomodates both >? :)

Be carefull with the Easton only the M1 hub can be converted, I bought the EA 70 XCT a few months back great wheels make no mistake but you have to buy in the correct config

As opposed to the M1 hub on the EA 90 which can be converted but Omnico have no stock and dont know when they will have

Also with Easton as was told to me if the Hub packs in you cant get a replacement, so not the best wheel to buy second hand and also 24 spoke so not many if any other hubs to replace with.

Given the type of riding done seems silly not to be able to get replacement hubs

I got a reply from Simon from crc concerning the wheel conversion:

"

Hi Jacques,

Thank you for your email.

You would be able to run these wheels in your frame if you purchase the following Conversion kit.

Nukeproof Kit QR Rear (Stock ID 117674)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=34779

This conversion axle simply slides inside the 12mm fitted to the Easton's and holds the wheel in place with a standard QR skewer.

I hope this information is helpful for you. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions.

Thanks,

Simon "

Hope this will shed some light, but I'm a bit sceptic whether it'll work for sure...

weight wise

Would love a set of the Haven 29er Wheels, but CRC dont have a 12 x 142mm rear hub option! :mellow: