Road Race on MTB

P.A.K.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! Let's start looking! I'm keen to spend some moola!

I am in...where the hell do you get one though, my welding is suspect

Hi guys,

I'm a weekend warrior type MTB rider (more weekend, less warrior actually).

In an attempt to get fit, and with the limited amount of MTB races where I live, I'm contemplating participating in road races too with my mountain bike.

Have any of you done this? The purpose is obviously not to do a good time, but to get in some extra time in saddle.

But I'm afraid of looking like an idiot going there with an MTB and doing a terrible time

I'm doing road rides and road races with my MTB.

nothing wrong with that!

I suspect we need to scour the net, then if all else fails recruit someone who can weld and also knows a little about engineering!

I suspect we need to scour the net, then if all else fails recruit someone who can weld and also knows a little about engineering!

How hard can it be? :unsure: - Jeremy Clarkson

How hard can it be? :unsure: - Jeremy Clarkson

So first prize would be a ready built frame which requires some decent brakes and a coolerbox conversion.

I am in...where the hell do you get one though, my welding is suspect

I live in potch. At the dam, there are a bunch of them locked up and haven't been moved in the 3 years since I have been here. Maybe call someone at the dam resort and ask if you could take 1 or 2 off of their hands??

I live in potch. At the dam, there are a bunch of them locked up and haven't been moved in the 3 years since I have been here. Maybe call someone at the dam resort and ask if you could take 1 or 2 off of their hands??

Awesome! What's the name of the place?

Thanks!!

I did the Macsteel Carnival road race a while back on my MTB just to get ride time for Sani. I started right at the back and had an absolute blast - and the best part was passing a bunch of the E-group guys up a hill on the LHS in the dirt ;-)

Awesome! What's the name of the place?

Thanks!!

Potch Dam (my hometown)

Hi guys,

In an attempt to get fit, and with the limited amount of MTB races where I live, I'm contemplating participating in road races too with my mountain bike.

Have any of you done this? The purpose is obviously not to do a good time, but to get in some extra time in saddle.

But I'm afraid of looking like an idiot going there with an MTB and doing a terrible time

I'm also a weekend mtb'er but have done the odd road race on my mtb. Trust me there will be a lot of other mtb's around so you won't look like out of place. I have always finished comfortably middle-of-the-bunch on my mtb so don't worry about doing a terrible time just because you are not on a road bike.

I guess it's a personal thing but I always put slicks on when doing road races, yes it "defaces" your mtb but it makes a noticeable difference in speed and I would rather go faster than look like a "true mtb'er".

Made contact with Potch Dam resort! They had nooo idea what I was on about!

Not surprised at all.

I think if you drive through, take one, and leave no one would suspect or even notice.

Hi guys,

I do it all the time!! Did the Jock on my HT, and there were a few other too. Have fun!!