WTF CSA???

Mr SingleTrack

Have seen those statement and again my question is where do I fit in ? What are they doing for ME ? Or am I just a sponsor ?

Yes, we are sponsoring AGAIN.

We are paying for the sin of working for a living and having money to show for it.

At least we have a free choice to compete or not.

Don't mind me, I was just pulling your legs. My opinion of them is also slanted towards the negative. And I think that's the general feeling.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't mind me, I was just pulling your legs. My opinion of them is also slanted towards the negative. And I think that's the general feeling.

I don't mind sponsoring, but I must choose when and must not be forced!

So if I want to ride in almost any race, I have to sponsor a 3rd party for sh**

:w00t: I am looking for somebody to tell me what they doing for us . I see they want mass participation . How do they plan on achieving that , by making it to expensive to enter races or by giving the masses facilities to use . Like I said , they don't get involved in any projects regarding trails etc , all are started by passionate cyclists .

Ok clearly not a lot of prize winners here at the moment....

Levy on race entry fee i can unnerstand (within reason)

Percentage of prize money = rip off

Ok clearly not a lot of prize winners here at the moment....

Levy on race entry fee i can unnerstand (within reason)

Percentage of prize money = rip off

So that time all those years ago I won that 200 ZA ronds I should have got 220? Ba$tard$ .....

Ok clearly not a lot of prize winners here at the moment.... Levy on race entry fee i can unnerstand (within reason) Percentage of prize money = rip off
In the good old days of "cash in envelope" we used to get the total less 10%. Once I even had to pull out my wallet so I could give Tannie Dale change for her 10% royalty. Nowadays we mostly send bank details and get the exact amount transferred to our accounts - I'm guessing the organising body pays the CSA and up front amount totalling 10% of prize money. Even their spreadsheet is lame: Diversity in transformation through all levels Enhance our strengths of mass participation Respected professionally run business with entrepreneurial spirit WTF? Generic marketing claptrap written by an overpaid consultant (or the president's hairdresser's brother who is a 2nd year marketing student). Man I hate the CSA. How exactly does one diversify a tranformation anyway?

Edit: That isn't quite fair of me. There are pockets of extreme excellence within CSA - the race referees are outstanding (we'll leave names out at this point) and attend and control races in multiple locations on weekends. Kudos to them!

Edited by Eldron

So that time all those years ago I won that 200 ZA ronds I should have got 220? Ba$tard$ .....

I once won a weekend away at some spa in the sabie area...mind boggles at how that would be shared paid to CSA....

I came 3rd in a MTB race, prize money was R80 and i was paid R80 meaning CSA did not get anything

Hope CSA don't read this :ph34r:

I once won a weekend away at some spa in the sabie area...mind boggles at how that would be shared paid to CSA....

I'm sure it only applies to cash.

That said...

I won a pair of trail running shoes and a R250 restaurant gift voucher on the weekend - I'm fully expecting a call from CSA asking me to send them the laces and a greek salad.

I came 3rd in a MTB race, prize money was R80 and i was paid R80 meaning CSA did not get anything

Hope CSA don't read this :ph34r:

You now know the right thing to do big guy post-271-0-84722500-1346322075.gif

Even their spreadsheet is lame: Diversity in transformation through all levels Enhance our strengths of mass participation Respected professionally run business with entrepreneurial spirit WTF? Generic marketing claptrap written by an overpaid consultant (or the president's hairdresser's brother who is a 2nd year marketing student). Man I hate the CSA. How exactly does one diversify a tranformation anyway?

These twats like their big words, and complicated sentences. They think it makes them look smart, but we all just look through it and see them for what they really are....

:w00t:

you can thank your lucky stars that they did not find out about this, they would have demanded to share the hot tub with you :whistling: