RANT: Cape Town City cycle lanes

Hairy

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Albert road from circle towards river club the green lane was totally full of parked cars a couple of afternoons last week couldn't  take photos but maybe a few would help so ill try

Edited by velomonatiCT

Albert road from circle towards river club the green lane was totally full of parked cars a couple of afternoons last week couldn't  take photos but maybe a few would help so ill try

I rode through there for the first time since they painted the lanes. They were actually still painting closer to the circle.

Before the circle, there was one parked car.

Cars were parked bumper to bumper after the circle.

I rode through there for the first time since they painted the lanes. They were actually still painting closer to the circle.

Before the circle, there was one parked car.

Cars were parked bumper to bumper after the circle.

After the circle closer to Rondebosch is the worse part. It will take time, I am now a full time commuter, not by choice too much but am happy to start posting pics and creating awareness.

After the circle closer to Rondebosch is the worse part. It will take time, I am now a full time commuter, not by choice too much but am happy to start posting pics and creating awareness.

Send pics to @CTCycleLanes too please Mr Savage, and congratulations on becoming a full time commuter

Send pics to @CTCycleLanes too please Mr Savage, and congratulations on becoming a full time commuter

Well it was not really my choice, someone t boned my car writing it off for me and converted me over night to a full time commuter :D

Will take pics and tweet them there, already follow them

Edited by Pure Savage

Well it was not really my choice, someone t boned my car writing it off for me and converted me over night to a full time commuter :D

Well, I'm a part time commuter, because I drive a Landrover, which is a part time commuter itself! :D (That's me laughing at myself :blush:

It's the universe talking man.....now answer

Well, I'm a part time commuter, because I drive a Landrover, which is a part time commuter itself! :D (That's me laughing at myself :blush:

Serves you right ..... and you more than likely have more mileage on your bike than your Landy

I might be flamed....but the only reason that lines are painted there is because those bussiness affected are owned by Congolese etc.....if the city was serious about this cycle lanes ...why don't the paint in Victoria Road Camps Bay.....in front of all those businesses. ..PS ..I have no interest in any of those businesses. ...it just don't make sense to me...????????????

I might be flamed....but the only reason that lines are painted there is because those bussiness affected are owned by Congolese etc.....if the city was serious about this cycle lanes ...why don't the paint in Victoria Road Camps Bay.....in front of all those businesses. ..PS ..I have no interest in any of those businesses. ...it just don't make sense to me...????????????

Probably because the camps bay business's are not letting the buildings they are in fall to ruin. They will probably want businesses out and develop new buildings along there and uplift the area.

Probably because the camps bay business's are not letting the buildings they are in fall to ruin. They will probably want businesses out and develop new buildings along there and uplift the area.

Oh ...so what you saying is that the City is using the by law to force those small businesses into submission. ..ie no clients... ..no sales....gotcha.....way to go City Of Cape Town.....????????????????

Oh ...so what you saying is that the City is using the by law to force those small businesses into submission. ..ie no clients... ..no sales....gotcha.....way to go City Of Cape Town.....????????????????

It's just a thought, there are terrible gang problems apparently and without uplifting area there is no way to remove this criminal aspect.

It's just a thought, there are terrible gang problems apparently and without uplifting area there is no way to remove this criminal aspect.

Gang problems...mmmmmm maybe the hipsters need more space for their restaurants...or the city needs more space for their organic garden....maybe expand all the overpriced goodies from the old biscuit mill.....you say gangsters....those street gangsters are nothing compared to the corporate "legal" ones .....and BTW ...are you saying it's ok to knocked down in Victoria Road....cos it's all nice and pretty....and legal.....ya right..????????????