RANT: Cape Town City cycle lanes

Hairy

...I am too lazy to use a bicycle.

I am impressed about how many she replies she is firing out, she going to be exhausted for her long walk to her car today.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see the city taking action and people becoming aware. The defense is basically, I am too lazy to walk around the corner.

Well, parking is genuinely a problem in the CBD, so I think it's a little more nuanced than that. Still, rules are rules.  Enforce them or don't have them.

Well, parking is genuinely a problem in the CBD, so I think it's a little more nuanced than that. Still, rules are rules.  Enforce them or don't have them.

yeah, it is... But IMO it's a big push to force people to stop using their cars, and start using alternative transport. Long term stuff. We're getting there ito alternative transport, but it still needs to be ramped up significantly before it becomes a viable option for all of us. 

yeah, it is... But IMO it's a big push to force people to stop using their cars, and start using alternative transport. Long term stuff. We're getting there ito alternative transport, but it still needs to be ramped up significantly before it becomes a viable option for all of us. 

Our company is building a new building and will have extra bike storage spaces, place to charge ebikes and plenty of showers :)

I can lock my laptop at my desk and leave my car in the parking garage, so I can pop to clients if there is that need.

Trying to convince more trainees to start doing the same, only problem is at present only have space for 5 bikes.

Not for parking bikes, only for riding them

And as savage says... 

Just trying to lighten the mood ^_^

Alternative transport?  Like trains? Oh wait...

my daily commute involve Albert road through Woodstock, and I can vouch first-hand that yesterday, on my commute from the CBD, back to Claremont I saw at least half a dozen vehicles (parked in the cycle lane) with tickets stuck to their windows. I reckon there was a few irate vehicle owners yesterday ...... 

I have a plan for economic growth in SA.. When you see a car in the bike lane. Simply give it a nice HELLO with your handle bar and set his next appointment at the paint shop..

Paint shops make money, get a lot busier so they have to employ more staff, they have to use more materials so their suppliers cant keep up the demand and have employ more staff.. Insurance companies make more money.. and eventually some psychiatrists will also be making more money... :devil:

When you see an empty car parking in the city... Quickly go park there with your bicycle.. Then make a nice long fake phone call... :whistling:

Sadly the only form of transport thats relatively safe is by car. Unless of course a taxi takes u out. I have been robbed on numerous occasions on different trains. Once in a taxi and almost in a bus