recovery shakes

300ml water, 4-6 teaspoons of white refined sugar, lemon juice - stir and drink...works a treat in the absence of Recovermax and peanut butter sarmies!

Sounds like diabetes to me, all your'e doing with that is spiking your blood sugar levels,no recovery going on

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see what the Valuata stage winner was handed to drink straight after finishing yesterday, looked like 2 cans of Fanta orange to me....everything has its time and place...

Anyone see what the Valuata stage winner was handed to drink straight after finishing yesterday, looked like 2 cans of Fanta orange to me....everything has its time and place...

Saw that and had a chuckle!

Saw that and had a chuckle!

But let's not become totally stupid and think that's what they take for recovery.

Sometimes the best way to quench a thirst is to have something cold, I can't see a recovery drink being that thirst quenching, especially not after two weeks.

But let's not become totally stupid and think that's what they take for recovery.

Sometimes the best way to quench a thirst is to have something cold, I can't see a recovery drink being that thirst quenching, especially not after two weeks.

He looked shattered after that climb, wow it was steep!

One for the KiDS, and aren't we all just kids on bikes?

Chocolate milkshake!!!

Has everything you need for recovery!!!!!

Even the "FEEL GOOD FACTOR"!!!

Oh and the term "SHAKE!!!!

And they often give the guys Coke during the race.

But I'm sure these guys have proper eating plans though.

Guest Travis.

We have been looking at this side of the market for a while now - seeking something to specifically to the needs of cyclists.

I was made by cyclists for cyclists. Only the best and healthiest ingredients will do.

We have our Recovery Booster ready and waiting but we have decide to keep that launch official back a few week to co-inside with the release of our 3rd flavor on the Marathon racing fuel.

It has been developed with the help of a Pro Mountain biker - that shall remain un-named for now - as he has just moved sponsors and we are still in negotiation with him and his sponsor to sign him on as the official face of our products.

We have sent some sample off to randomly selected Hubbers for review and we will also have a Hubber special upon the official launch.

All the info is available on the website and orders can also be placed.

Check it out at :

www.singletrackfuel.com

If anyone has any questions or needs any other info - feel free to contact me at vinceATsingletrackfuelDOTcom

Its still a little on the down low un till the official launch but this thead just can not be ingnored.

That looks very good Vince. I'll def try it! :thumbup:

And they often give the guys Coke during the race.

But I'm sure these guys have proper eating plans though.

Sure they do - called - eat as much as you can - and that often includes a dextrose drip overnight - works wonders for a hangover too...

From memory - coke has 48grams of glucose per liter - thats about 1 sugar bowl per liter.... definately works as a quick pick me up when you are flat - used to be a favorite drink for cyclists bottle mixed with water 50/50.

definately works as a quick pick me up when you are flat - used to be a favorite drink for cyclists bottle mixed with water 50/50.

Comrades runners as well or most road runners in SA thrive on coke n water mixes

But ja not the ideal recovery drink as per the OT

What about the fool that throws a blanket statement without fact, is that a fool or a poephol ?

I have to admit, I was generalizing about USN products.

I think they are a company spending way too much of their budget on marketing. I guesse you can compare them to companies like Sony, LG and the like. Yes they sell a very wide range of products, and yes to the average consumer their products are very good. But when you ask a very informed consumer that has a big interest or even hobby in the specific market of some of their products, he will tell you that their product range is useless.

My view comes from personal experience and lots of school fees. Use it, don't use it.

As for facts (please note these people are not all just bodybuilders, they have many years of experience with supplements and training, and their opinions are extremely valuable):

http://www.anabolicsteroids.co.za/forum/9-supplements/112444-supplements-sa#112874

Here's a quoute a guy made in the following thread:

"If i understand correctly sixstar nutrition is a 2nd lable for muscletech. In the states muscletec is considered a "supermarket brand" and not as highly rated as we might think. I guess it is like USN here. They are the brand that sells the most but their market is with the "uninformed" public. Guys that are really into training and nutrition makes a small percentage of the total supplement market.

I guess with this in mind you cannot expect much from that brand/lable"

http://www.anabolicsteroids.co.za/forum/9-supplements/114977-dryden-s-review-of-sixstar-nutrition-s-no-fury#115063

My concern with all these supplements is the lack of control over what goes in them. As I understand it they fall outside of food safety and have few controls. And with some of them having ingredients which are seemingly banned stimulants does not appeal to me either, even if I'm not a top competitor. Surely a natural smoothie will have same benefits?