Yellow Saddle - Johan Bornman - Rant

Rudi Pollard

Business and service providers must be open to criticism on this or any other forum as it keeps them in line and levels up; remembering of course that they too have the right to post a response.

So actually what should happen here according to the T's&C's is that he should charge you a full deposit amount for each time you changed the date etc, and he should pay you once for the one he couldn't make. If he followed the T's$C's, you would be looking at more than you have paid. Maybe don't shout so loud about it.

Just what I was about to say. 3 different dates. That's R 1,650 in administration fees. If anything, you still owe him R 550 for one of the dates that you rescheduled to.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done 15 pages, almost a day worth of publicity for free!

While we are at it I want to thank Johan for the great service I had from him in the past. I will continue to make use of it in the future!

Edited by koukie

The alternative view to yours (Lapa) is that you sacrificed the deposit when you cancelled your attendance at the earlier courses and he was kind enough to offer you a discounted fee for this final one which he cancelled so you actually never paid a deposit at all - you sacrificed that long before the final cancelled course. It appears as if you were looking for an out from early on to get your money back and you thought you had finally found it which backfired on you as I seriously doubt he will give you the discount on future courses after this! If this was the first course and not the rescheduled one (at your request) then I agree 100% that you should receive the deposit back, but that wasn't the case and you had already sacrificed that in terms of his T's & C's... He had already clearly told you previously that you would not get the deposit back.

Just what I was about to say. 3 different dates. That's R 1,650 in administration fees. If anything, you still owe him R 550 for one of the dates that you rescheduled to.

If I could type the clap sound a whip is making I would have done so here.

Ok, so after 15 pages I am 100% sure that there are more courses scheduled for this year.... JOHAN, email me the schedule please (and indicate which dates have space on them).

In all honesty the only problem I have ever had with Yellow Saddle was having to wait for my bill to be able to pay!

Not really concerned about who is wrong and who is right here as there are always 3 sides to a story and they do not affect me. My issue is that the Hub is more often than not used as a Hello Peter type forum to lodge complaints in the hope that bad publicity will bring the supposed perpetrator to his/her senses and make matters right as opossed to the oft claimed moral obligation to "warn" others about bad service - especially if there are mitigating circumstances.

Who is his administrative assistant at R550 for changing a date, Charlize Theron?

Who is his administrative assistant at R550 for changing a date, Charlize Theron?

Nope. Just his normal, non refundable deposit that must be paid each and every time you book a session, or change a date on the session. Think of it as the opportunity cost of closing the spot off for the OP, and him not pitching up. JB could have filled the spot with someone else, and therefore loses money each time someone postpones.

EDIT: Or is that who he practices nipple tightening on?

Edited by cptmayhem

This thread doubled in size from this morning. Where is Mr. Bornman? Very keen to see what he has to say about this.

Are you also studying towards your CFA ?

I've done I, but failed II a couple of times so I stopped. I just don't have, or want to make the time. Hey, maybe I've got ADD. So yes, then I can go cycling. But it's interesting the climate people don't use global warming anymore, but rather climate change. Strange how cooling can wreak havoc with your initial warming propoganda. Now where was I...