Yellow Saddle - Johan Bornman - Rant

Rudi Pollard

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

chuckmefarlie, will this thread ever end?!

A deposit is money given in advance to show intention to complete the transaction. You didn't complete the (initial) transaction so you lost the deposit. Nuff said.

Everything I posted is factual and I can back it up, so please do make any assumptions.

I understand he runs a business, and I understand that when I cancel I forfeit my deposit. My issue is that when he cancels I still lose by deposit. Is that fair?

I am sure he found out you use a Park Chain Checker and lube your chain with Squirt....... serves you bloddy well right. I would have kept ALL the munny!!!!!!!!

I've done I, but failed II a couple of times so I stopped. I just don't have, or want to make the time. Hey, maybe I've got ADD. So yes, then I can go cycling. But it's interesting the climate people don't use global warming anymore, but rather climate change. Strange how cooling can wreak havoc with your initial warming propoganda. Now where was I...

I know the feeling - finally manged to pass II this year. I pretty much gave up a social life and riding for it. Maybe I should have done my CA haha

chuckmefarlie, will this thread ever end?!

A deposit is money given in advance to show intention to complete the transaction. You didn't complete the (initial) transaction so you lost the deposit. Nuff said.

It ain't over until the...

J B sings.

:devil:

If it was my business, I would rather refund the deposit, regardless of who was at fault. Why would you want someone badmouthing your business, when the cancellation has effectively cost you nothing, or very little.

No, you are wrong, JB is getting some massive advertising and support with this thread.... His is getting major marketing exposure... just the support he is getting from this community clearly indicates his integrity, his values, his respect and trust, which he has gained over a period of time...

Most of us, who know him, could have guessed that this would be his position on the matter, and we all respect him for that.

That said, even if I didn't know him, I personally would have made the same call because the OP seems like he is full of "stories and excuses".

You probably also in accounting or finance?

Because of your post, I dont know if you have any real business experience to make such a statement, to me it seems you are simply making your comment from a consumer point of which, which is the normal mentality most people have - about the "customer is always right" - wrong.

Edited by TheV

Everyone's adding their 2c, similar comment over and over and over.

and over.and over.and over.and over.

If the T&C says no refunds on deposit, then no refunds. Also think of all the admin time he has had to spend with accommodating your rebookings etc big pain the proverbial.

Let it go m8.

Sounds like the man tried to accommodate your very busy schedule, but fell ill untimeously!!!

Leave the deposit with him and eventually a date that suits you should come up?? Oh dear, i forgot... now after your rant i doubt you could sit in a room with him for a weekend?

But to be honost, given your side of the story, i might have given the deposit back?

Lets here the otherside?

Popcorn anyone?

From page 1 :thumbup:

.........JB is getting some massive advertising ........with this thread.... His is getting major marketing exposure...

I thought you were overestimating exposure to a couple of Hubbers, but then saw that this thread already had over 10 thousand views. You are right, it is all good, free advertising. Do you think JB intentionally irritated the OP into complaining? Or is there a better conspiracy theory, perhaps an alter ego?

I thought you were overestimating exposure to a couple of Hubbers, but then saw that this thread already had over 10 thousand views. You are right, it is all good, free advertising. Do you think JB intentionally irritated the OP into complaining? Or is there a better conspiracy theory, perhaps an alter ego?

Captain Nipples?

Like I said in one of my earlier posts there are some Saturdays available for me and some Sundays, but I do not have a full weekend available that suits us both.

His course in October was booked out for a club and thus I could not attend that one, and the one in November falls over a weekend where I have to attend a wedding. The rest of November I am basically studying for my CFA, and in December I am away on holiday so yes I am not available over weekend for the rest of the year to do the course.

Sorry you can't use level 1 as an excuse.... Maybe level 2, but not level 1....

Sorry you can't use level 1 as an excuse.... Maybe level 2, but not level 1....

Level 1 ???? ...... I thought he was using Squirt!!!!!!