Tall (dark & handsome) Boy

Delilah

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

someone else called dibs on the build ...

Lucky Fish!

Bar ends are useful, but only work on flat bars in my experience. Not on risers, the geometry is just wrong (never mind the style police). Its like hoods on a road bike. Good for climbing, and hand relief on long hauls.

And flimsy water bottle cages are for roadies please. You need something that grips the bottle vas. Otherwise us back markers have a busy time dodging all the casualties.

But how do we know that this whole fred is not just TheV doing some guerilla marketing?

Ok, so to get this right we follow the time line.....

So let's get this right. CWC sell you a frame as the latest with 142x12 after you specifically asked and over 2 weeks later you're still waiting? Now the shock is to blame?

Well I have news for you, Omnico are sitting on tons of the newest CTD shocks, RP23 that came with the frame they delivered is no longer available from Fox/Omnico in SA. Tell them to hop on the phone to Omnico, speak to Russel and get a CTD. It's called customer service.

Still feeling the same?

You have patience dear daughter, your Mom wouldn't put up with that **** from CWC. Reading this thread really just reinforces how bad this mob are.

I e-mailed them. Here follows the conversation:

Me:

Hi Wayne,

I got the following info from a fellow hubber: "Well I have news for you, Omnico are sitting on tons of the newest CTD shocks, RP23 that came with the frame they delivered is no longer available from Fox/Omnico in SA. Tell them to hop on the phone to Omnico, speak to Russel and get a CTD. It's called customer service. "

We are waiting for a shock that is no longer available?

Best regards

CWC:

Hi *****

We don’t get them locally as our suppliers bring them in from overseas so they told me that they’ll receive them on Monday so will keep you updated!

Kind regards

Wayne

And in the meantime they've posted a newly completed 2013 Tallboy build that, strangely, has a rear shock installed! :angry:

I e-mailed them. Here follows the conversation:

Me:

Hi Wayne,

I got the following info from a fellow hubber: "Well I have news for you, Omnico are sitting on tons of the newest CTD shocks, RP23 that came with the frame they delivered is no longer available from Fox/Omnico in SA. Tell them to hop on the phone to Omnico, speak to Russel and get a CTD. It's called customer service. "

We are waiting for a shock that is no longer available?

Best regards

CWC:

Hi *****

We don’t get them locally as our suppliers bring them in from overseas so they told me that they’ll receive them on Monday so will keep you updated!

Kind regards

Wayne

And in the meantime they've posted a newly completed 2013 Tallboy build that, strangely, has a rear shock installed! :angry:

Surely you can cancel & give Mikes Bikes the opportunity to give you the service you expect when paying those prices,just bypass the 1 tonsil & deal direct with mike :thumbup:

Surely you can cancel & give Mikes Bikes the opportunity to give you the service you expect when paying those prices,just bypass the 1 tonsil & deal direct with mike :thumbup:

E-mail sent. I have had it, because clearly someone at CWC is full of BS! :angry:

E-mail sent. I have had it, because clearly someone at CWC is full of BS! :angry:

Yer the more they post on this site,the more i lose faith in them...

Ive always said its UTI that put CWC on the map,for service :thumbup: .

Ye i wouldnt normally say use mike cause dont like the 1 guy.

But when ive spoken to mike hes a genuine guy & im sure he will grab the chance to make another happy customer.

Never heard any1 complain when buying a bike from them... :thumbup:

Any update, D?

Mike replied and said he has a frame in stock. He cannot quite match the price, because the rrp went up recently. I'm VERY tempted to write off the difference though.

Sent CWC an e-mail asking for an explanation regarding "that other build" but still waiting for a reply.

Mike replied and said he has a frame in stock. He cannot quite match the price, because the rrp went up recently. I'm VERY tempted to write off the difference though.

Sent CWC an e-mail asking for an explanation regarding "that other build" but still waiting for a reply.

Phone them and talk to someone... May be quite a bit faster.

yup! I was in his shop yesterday, saw a black carbon tallboy frame, and thought about your predicament

Can of worms about to be opened...

Are the Santa Cruz frames from CWC grey stock?

Sounds like the rear shocks are if they claim they don't get them from Omnico

Sounds like the rear shocks are if they claim they don't get them from Omnico

Something is quite odd.

Dont forget about my little Saint!

According to me Dragons bring in complete frames, meaning shocks included.

Yup, that's what I would have thought... that Santa Cruz would supply Dragon with a shock installed onto the frame.

Just about all manufacturers work like this (except Commencal). When they don't, then there's the hassle of getting the correct mounting hardware etc.

So if there is a rear shock issue, surely Dragon is able to go to the local Fox agents (Omnico) and sort it out, in stead of usng grey imports?!