Tall (dark & handsome) Boy

Delilah

23k from CWC but DON'T buy yours from them. It has been a nightmare. 3 weeks after payment and still no frame.

Where did you get your carbon rims from?

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid:

R230 for a Jagwire derailleur kit (Northcliff)

R300 for an Alligator derailleur kit Northcliff)

R800 for Goodridge Hose kit (R300 hose: CRC, R500 fittings: Mikes)

1. When exactly did you got them? Exchange rate is KuK at the moment.

2. Jagwire comes in Hyper or Ripcord??? which did you get, I don't think you can get the PROPER ripcord kits for R230, was prob for the cheap "Hyper kit"???

3. Goodridge pricing is dear... or Mikes ripped you on the fiitings?

Edited by TheV

any news yet, did CWC call you today, to give update?

G

23k from CWC but DON'T buy yours from them. It has been a nightmare. 3 weeks after payment and still no frame.

1. When exactly did you got them? Exchange rate is KuK at the moment.

2. Jagwire comes in Hyper or Ripcord??? which did you get, I don't think you can get the PROPER ripcord kits for R230, was prob for the cheap "Hyper kit"???

3. Goodridge pricing is dear... or Mikes ripped you on the fiitings?

1. I did get the jagwire a while ago (last year just before Crater Cruise).

2. It was a Ripcord kit, in Steel Braided finish

3. Goodrigde is pricey. R250 for lever and calliper fittings per side is the going rate.

But then again, it's Goodridge... You pay more for the best.

3. Goodrigde is pricey. R250 for lever and calliper fittings per side is the going rate.

I'm going to take your word for it and try a set on my next project....

any news yet, did CWC call you today, to give update?

Well, on Friday they promised to contact the suppliers again Monday and to get back to me. So yesterday I got tired of waiting and sent an e-mail at lunchtime. By 3 I decided to call them. The news? Well now they will no longer be getting shocks in this week. Only next week. :( They keep moving the delivery date further and further away! :angry:

Anyway, I asked that they send the frame today and the shock if/when it ever does arrive. Maybe I'll just be the first person on this planet to ride a hardtail Tallboy? Metal rod and a few bolts + nuts should do the trick...

Well, on Friday they promised to contact the suppliers again Monday and to get back to me. So yesterday I got tired of waiting and sent an e-mail at lunchtime. By 3 I decided to call them. The news? Well now they will no longer be getting shocks in this week. Only next week. :( They keep moving the delivery date further and further away! :angry:

Anyway, I asked that they send the frame today and the shock if/when it ever does arrive. Maybe I'll just be the first person on this planet to ride a hardtail Tallboy? Metal rod and a few bolts + nuts should do the trick...

I'd even go so far as to contact the agents directly, let them know about your predicament, and get them to sort something out. It's doing the brand some damage, and you never know - you may just score out of it!

I'd even go so far as to contact the agents directly, let them know about your predicament, and get them to sort something out. It's doing the brand some damage, and you never know - you may just score out of it!

Just got off the phone with Gavylyn (spelling?) at Dragons Sports. The delay really is on their side. They really are waiting for shocks. He says they were waiting for a shipment from the USA and now waiting for a shipment from Dubai (???) and that the transport strikes have caused an additional delay. Not sure if I buy the last bit. If they're waiting for a shipment from abroad, what do local matters have to do with it? Anyway, no shocks before next week at the earliest. :thumbdown:

Now got a call back from Stephen at Dragons Sports. He says their frames arrived from Taiwan 2 1/2 weeks ago, but they are still waiting for shocks from the USA. (Wonder where Dubai came in???) He blames airline freight congestion for the delay.

I asked about warranty and clear-coat. He says anything except a stick-on protector for the undercarriage will void the warranty. Anything like a full-cover frame-protection kit is also not allowed because the adhesive may react with the carbon/resin if it is done on such a large scale :blink:

So does that mean that CWC is off the hook?

They sold me a frame they claimed to have in stock, but then sent an older model. I would have thought twice about forking over the cash if I had known I'd be waiting a month to get the frame.

So no, I'm not at all sure that I will have warm and fuzzy feelings for CWC ever again.

I'm going to take your word for it and try a set on my next project....

I put Goodridge on my Rush a few years ago. Nice but not better than Jagwire at the price.

So does that mean that CWC is off the hook?

They delivered a QR frame instead of a 142x12 frame? They took the money? Around R3k - R4k could have fixed this problem weeks ago if CWC had simply bought a shock at Omnico and fitted it to the frame they supposedly have in stock?

Omnico are in CPT as well.

So basically if Omnico do have the stock of that shock, it comes down to either pissing off a customer vs. making less profit.

Decisions decisions...