Tall (dark & handsome) Boy

Delilah

Those parts are awesome. Why the slx brakes though? XT? You wont feel the difference but the same can be said for all the xtr bling.

Aaaah, TheV's sage advice. The XT and SLX brakes are basically the same thing when run with Ice-tech rotors. Also, he couldn't find stock of XT brakes in black.

The first ride will probably be at our local 4x4 track. Could drive somewhere nice, but who has the patience to do that when you just want to go ride!!! :D

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first ride will probably be at our local 4x4 track. Could drive somewhere nice, but who has the patience to do that when you just want to go ride!!! :D

What about Faan Meintjies? :lol:

haha, ok so one probably can't MTB there. It's just the only nature reserve I can remember going to as a kid growing up in the North West.

Edited by patches

Aaaah, TheV's sage advice. The XT and SLX brakes are basically the same thing when run with Ice-tech rotors. Also, he couldn't find stock of XT brakes in black.

Have you considered a set of Hope Race brakes? :D

What about Faan Meintjies? :lol:

haha, ok so one probably can't MTB there. It's just the only nature reserve I can remember going to as a kid growing up in the North West.

...aaah man! I haven't been to that place since I was a

LOL! Yeah, we're not exactly spoilt for choice in Potchefstroom! It's either the 4x4 track or district roads :mellow: Anything else entails a drive.

Ok, so what am I missing here? QR (2012?) frame arrives, with shock installed. It's returned or to be returned for the 2013 thru axle frame, which has no shock and no stock in sight for some time. Why not take the shock off the 2012 frame, install it onto the 2013 frame, and CWC can replace the shock on the 2012 model when the stock arrives?

Or am I over simplyfying things?

Ok, so what am I missing here? QR (2012?) frame arrives, with shock installed. It's returned or to be returned for the 2013 thru axle frame, which has no shock and no stock in sight for some time. Why not take the shock off the 2012 frame, install it onto the 2013 frame, and CWC can replace the shock on the 2012 model when the stock arrives?

Or am I over simplyfying things?

Then the 2012 shack 'loaned' is used and value lost.

What they could / should do is make a plan with a used loan shock so long to keep the customer happy. Or offer a full refund.

Then the 2012 shack 'loaned' is used and value lost.

What they could / should do is make a plan with a used loan shock so long to keep the customer happy. Or offer a full refund.

Why not just swap it out, or is there a difference in the year model on the shock too? And even if they do it as a "loaner", it would be good customer service. Boer maak `n plan, en dit lyk vir my soos 'n plan wat kan werk!

Why not just swap it out, or is there a difference in the year model on the shock too? And even if they do it as a "loaner", it would be good customer service. Boer maak `n plan, en dit lyk vir my soos 'n plan wat kan werk!

I would not be surprised if the QR frame was sold to some other unsuspecting customer.

Ta-daaaaa!

post-32658-0-31522300-1349177210_thumb.jpg

A big thumbs up for TheV: awesome service and advice, super prices, goods as promised, fast delivery. Couldn't be happier :clap:

Aaah... you didn't pose the XTR RD correctly D..... how are people supposed to see it's the Shadow+ clutch version??? It's like taking a picture of Pam Andersons rear.... it just doesn't tell the "full" story!!!!

V, with Pam anderson I think you can still see it's her, even her rear profile hints about the front modifications/upgrades. hehehehe

I'm scared to think about the impact of the V-Effect on my wallet in the near future.

now lets get someone to buy that engine and then we have funds.

G

Aaah... you didn't pose the XTR RD correctly D..... how are people supposed to see it's the Shadow+ clutch version??? It's like taking a picture of Pam Andersons rear.... it just doesn't tell the "full" story!!!!

I'm sorry V :mellow: There is a tiny bit of orange peeking through if you look carefully. But one does not show all the bits and details in one go. One must leave a little something something for later... ;)

Those parts are awesome. Why the slx brakes though? XT? You wont feel the difference but the same can be said for all the xtr bling.

Have you considered a set of Hope Race brakes? :D

Those there are the very very latest M675 brakes, even later than the M666... at under R2000 they cannot be beat in terms of value or performance or finish, or features, they are also i-Spec compatible.

My advice was to spend the saving made on the SLX brakes on the XTR i-Spec Shifters (bad picture pose) and also the XTR Shadow+ RD....

The XTR chainset was however all her..... she really WANTED that!!!