700c x 23mm wheel circumference

fandacious

bryton user manual says 700c x 23mm wheel size is 2096. I road a 102km race today with those settings and it only recorded as 83.68km

so does anyone have the REAL wheel size for 700c x 23mm?

i'm seriously not impressed with bryton. its fkn useless. why cant it auto calculate wheelsize from gps like all the other devices do?

a 700C X 23 is about 2080, but varies on make of tyre, and pressure you pump to.

To accurately determine the correct setting ride a 20Km piece of road with Kilometer markings, and do the adjustment.

For an example of the adjustment lets assume above your 102km race was accurately measured, then you need to adjust your wheel circumference like this:

2096 X102/82.61 = 2588.

This is obviously wrong so look to see if your device is picking up all the wheel revolutions. or get a decent device.

I thInk it's to do with the cadence sensor conflicting with the power tap.

For anyone else reading this Bryton is a load of crap

I love my Bryton.

Set it to gps and use the sensor to measure your cadence rather if your having issues.

How? I wanted to do that but can't figure out how to

bryton user manual says 700c x 23mm wheel size is 2096. I road a 102km race today with those settings and it only recorded as 83.68km

so does anyone have the REAL wheel size for 700c x 23mm?

i'm seriously not impressed with bryton. its fkn useless. why cant it auto calculate wheelsize from gps like all the other devices do?

What's the point of having a GPS if you have to input wheel size? Sounds like the reason it's so cheap on that group rip off site....

Garmin 500 has the same issues if you have the magnet on the wheel, the old 305 used GPS then switched to wheel sensor if no GPS available. Seems we have gone backwards in technology.

Is there no auto sensor to calculate, from gps, what the correct wheel size is?

There is only one way of getting the correct circumference - check that tyre pressure is correct - make mark on hard floor - make mark on tyre - get on bike - line up marks - push bike along for one wheel rev. in straight line - make (someone else) mark on floor - grab tape measure and hey presto or presta.

There is only one way of getting the correct circumference - check that tyre pressure is correct - make mark on hard floor - make mark on tyre - get on bike - line up marks - push bike along for one wheel rev. in straight line - make (someone else) mark on floor - grab tape measure and hey presto or presta.

So primitive, may as well use a cheap cycle computer or a cheap heart rate monitor if you have to do that. Not waste thousands on a GPS unit and have the hassle of short battery life. A polar HRM needs a battery every 3 years or so, a GPS needs charging every weekend. Or less.

2115 for my road bike measured the ols fashioned way coz i have an old fashioned polar 720i

mtb 2090 for 225 tyre

2115 for my road bike measured the ols fashioned way coz i have an old fashioned polar 720i

mtb 2090 for 225 tyre

:thumbup: