The Audiophile/reference music thread.

Wyatt Earp

BTW, I would like to get some Michael Hedges on 180g vinyl. Do you guys know of a place on the net that I can order it from?

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, I would like to get some Michael Hedges on 180g vinyl. Do you guys know of a place on the net that I can order it from?

I have tried to get Hedges for ages now on 180 gram. vinyl.

To no avail.

I am going to try The Listening Room.

They are local and import.

talking about good quality recordings...I would love to find a good quality version of this exact recording of ry cooders "dark end of the street" from the old grey whistle test show. It is not included on any of the albums or the dvd boxset......a glaring omission in my books...i cant get tired of listening to this

music lovers who claim they are not audiophiles (like i did earlier) are actually talking crud (like i did earlier) - it all boils down to not having enough spare cash to spend on the equipment...there are just too many other priorities higher up the list. if i could i most definitely would!

there I have to disagree. Whatever works for you, and often ignorance is bliss. Its the same with bikes, I mean how much much diffs does it really make for the average punter riding a 5+ year old bike that is kept serviceable and tuned vs the latest R80k job.

Audiophiles will sooner die than listen to anything mp3 but you know what, I have tried and can't hear the difference. My ears are not that finely tuned or trained. I dont need more expensive kit. Money on speakers is well spent, but then I would sooner go pro audio that audiophile.

Also there is this sense of gizmos costing a fortune therefore must be the best. Friend of mine in CT insists I come around to listen to his R80k speakers, yet they are hooked up with flex lol.

I have bought quite a lot of vinyl from Amazon

Was going to ask, from the car audio side did you ever meet Joel.

I know Joel really well from the car audio side and from the AV Forums. He judged my car more times than I care to remember :D

talking about good quality recordings...I would love to find a good quality version of this exact recording of ry cooders "dark end of the street" from the old grey whistle test show. It is not included on any of the albums or the dvd boxset......a glaring omission in my books...i cant get tired of listening to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-XeHmrNSoc

Cooder is not scared, one Listen to Chavez Ravine and you know the man has balls of steel.

He did wonders for the BSC boys :thumbup:

I know Joel really well from the car audio side and from the AV Forums. He judged my car more times than I care to remember :D

Cool, he is a very good friend of mine, he also reviewed my system for AVSA.

Good guy.

Cooder is not scared, one Listen to Chavez Ravine and you know the man has balls of steel.

He did wonders for the BSC boys :thumbup:

i only recently got into him in the last couple of years.....brilliant musician

Wow blast from the past. Still working?

Got a few older blasts ,Dynacord ADD one..

http://www.sequencer.de/pix/digitalsynthesizer/dynacord_AddOne.jpg

Dont think anything major with the asr10 :thumbup:

To all ye music lovers; do yourselves a favour and watch the movie August Rush. What a power movie! I have watched it like 5 times, and every time have tears at the end.

Yeah. Brilliant soundtrack as well.