Post what you think is the best VALUE FOR MONEY cycling related item you can buy.

Single Track

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree on saddle, not sure bout pedals though. Why do you think so?

Contact point, your biggest point of contact, when it doesn't gel there, nothing will.

Bombs!!! I really hate the mini pumps that never get the right pressure! The bomb allows a quick inflate and to the right pressure!

Contact point, your biggest point of contact, when it doesn't gel there, nothing will.

Cheapies can have good contact points? You mean get something that ticks the box not necessarily throw cash at the upgrade?

That Fizik Antares saddle choice that works...

after experimenting with several other choices.

:-)

I suppose it's relative... to how much you love cycling... and how you measure "value" or "money/cost" in relation to this "love"....

If I have to choose my "lowest value v.s usage/enjoyment" it has to be my FiveTen Minnaar's... you can wear them for an entire day's cycling... i.e enroute to venue, ride, back home... they are super cool, super comfy, super practical...

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/bikes-and-gear/clothing/shoes/1299513176108-ma3v01ccgdq6-399-75.jpg

In terms of "value v.s super crazy love/enjoyment", not necessarily "low" price... but in the end I think you get more than what you pay for... it has to be my SB-66

Don't get me started on Eason Haven Wheels, Haven Stem, Haven Carbon Post and Bars...

Oooohhh oooooh.... Ice-Tech Rotors.....

Edited by TheV

My XT Brakes matched to Icetech rotors joined with my i-Tech Shifters.

G

I suppose it's relative... to how much you love cycling... and how you measure "value" or "money/cost" in relation to this "love"....

If I have to choose my "lowest value v.s usage/enjoyment" it has to be my FiveTen Minnaar's... you can wear them for an entire day's cycling... i.e enroute to venue, ride, back home... they are super cool, super comfy, super practical...

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/bikes-and-gear/clothing/shoes/1299513176108-ma3v01ccgdq6-399-75.jpg

In terms of "value v.s super crazy love/enjoyment", not necessarily "low" price... but in the end I think you get more than what you pay for... it has to be my SB-66

Don't get me started on Eason Haven Wheels, Haven Stem, Haven Carbon Post and Bars...

Oooohhh oooooh.... Ice-Tech Rotors.....

ESI chunky grips...say no more

For sure. I have wide hands which overlap double lock on grips. ESI chunky's are grippy, soft and don't move on the bars. love them.

My Revelation fork (cost just R 500 after factoring in the sale of my Reba) and the super duper expensive 750mm bar / 40mm stem combo at R 450 for the pair.

Those, and the xx bra kes from The V enabled me to steer, jump and control so much better, as well as stop BEFORE the big ass rock, and not 10m fter it when I'm on my gat waiting for a stretcher.

Oh... Also my spank subrosas, and my dh frame for just 2k.

All my cycling purchases have been good value, come to think of it.

where did you get the helmet looking for a bargain myself?

It was the Rudy Project Stirling that ASG auctioned off on here. They have not had helmets on auction for a while unfortunately.