Why not stop at red traffic lights?

Green Hornet

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought the red robot had something to do with Aunt Flo?

In ZA we refer to traffic lights as robots. this is a .co.za hosted forum. so we'll continue referring to traffic lights as robots :)

on slowtwitch/wherever else please refer to robots as traffic lights.

In ZA we refer to traffic lights as robots. this is a .co.za hosted forum. so we'll continue referring to traffic lights as robots http://1.1.1.2/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

on slowtwitch/wherever else please refer to robots as traffic lights.

What's that got to do with aunt flo? Or me, for that matter? Swissman is the bloke that raised the issue. Go correct him rather. Oh, and the bloke that started the thread referred to them as traffic lights. Go fuss with him as well.

Edited by TNT1

Note how the thread was about stopping/riding/yielding at red robots

anyways... the point I was making, and which you've assisted with is that the judgementals here insist

1.) Stopping at a red light is an absolute

2.) Riding at a green light is discrentianary

Double standards? I'd say!

cheers

Yep - that's what happens when the rule of law isn't respected by all. Most people do still stop at a red robot but there are a reasonable number (a growing number) that don't. So as a person heading through an intersection with a green light, it is SENSIBLE to look left and right to ensure some *&^*&^ isn't going to shoot the light and T-Bone your car or bike and maim or kill you.

Heehehehhehehe demmit but I luv da hub. Oh and yea, people make their own beds...stop crying about it

Troll

Why not complain about motorist continually breaking the law!

Never well maybe .ooo1% of the time overtaking cyclist properly and then probably tourist from Germany or Switzerland.

Motorist cause accidents by bad driving! When did you ever see an accident be caused by a cyclist going through a red robot?

Troll

Yea you know who...maybe I will get another warning today, if he puts the bait down, sometimes I just can't help myself

Why not complain about motorist continually breaking the law!

Never well maybe .ooo1% of the time overtaking cyclist properly and then probably tourist from Germany or Switzerland.

Motorist cause accidents by bad driving! When did you ever see an accident be caused by a cyclist going through a red robot?

Off topic. I would say most of us agree that driving in SA is risky and that many motorists are very poor. That's a separate topic.

I have myself seen an accident caused by a cyclist going through a red robot that caused a motorist to swerve and clip another car. So it does happen. Of course there are many instances of cars colliding with a cyclist that deliberately went through a red light. Car 1 - Cyclist 0.

Robots?

These are Robots

post-182-0-66963000-1348735682_thumb.png

This is a Traffic Light

post-182-0-95698000-1348735699_thumb.jpg

Hey... shut up... stop bringing in your western/european/swiss tendencies... go back home...

;)

Yep - that's what happens when the rule of law isn't respected by all. Most people do still stop at a red robot but there are a reasonable number (a growing number) that don't. So as a person heading through an intersection with a green light, it is SENSIBLE to look left and right to ensure some *&^*&^ isn't going to shoot the light and T-Bone your car or bike and maim or kill you.

It's an interesting observation. Although the topic is only about robots (aka traffic lights), it can be broadened to include a lot of other things. You can start with everybody doing x, because it's the law... later some people ignore x and do y, but x is still prominent... still later more than half actually do y instead of x which leads to the situation where y actually becomes the "right" or "safe" thing to do. This analogy can be for laws, morals, opinions, etc. etc.

What's that got to do with aunt flo? Or me, for that matter? Swissman is the bloke that raised the issue. Go correct him rather. Oh, and the bloke that started the thread referred to them as traffic lights. Go fuss with him as well.

Die tannie met die rooi karretjie? nee, seker nie veel nie!

I quoted the wrong post.

bite me!

I cant clip out so I don't stop anywhere, ever

Dude, I know your type, you can track stand for 10 minutes while you eat and put your rain jacket on! :clap:

Edited by DJR