Watt Bike

dracs

Anyone tried out one of these? http://wattbike.com/uk/wattbike

My gym recently got a few and I have done a few sessions now. Very interesting to watch in the polar view how consistent (or inconcistent) power delivery is through the pedal stroke and how small changes change this. I was also very surprised to see that my left leg consistently does 51% of the work - would have bet it was the other way around...

Edited by dracs

Guess not... :w00t:

zero views after 2 hours! maybe should change the title to Roadie pig isheep or something.

Where's sponge bob to say "Nobody cares" when you need him? :oops:

Its a great invention, especially for road cyclists. Mountain biking (especially when technical) forces you to pedal equally hard with both legs. That is why mtb makes for good preparation for road cycling as well. I have been using the Trixters (mountain bike simulators) for a while, equally novel. I used the mechanical ones and the moment you add the arms you HR rockets. The electronic one is even more fancy - they host XCO world champs on it. Last one was won by Greg Minnaar, and the beauty is each rider can participate from his own country. Its more like a XCO time trail.

Its a great invention, especially for road cyclists. Mountain biking (especially when technical) forces you to pedal equally hard with both legs. That is why mtb makes for good preparation for road cycling as well. I have been using the Trixters (mountain bike simulators) for a while, equally novel. I used the mechanical ones and the moment you add the arms you HR rockets. The electronic one is even more fancy - they host XCO world champs on it. Last one was won by Greg Minnaar, and the beauty is each rider can participate from his own country. Its more like a XCO time trail.

Kan Oom ons n link daarvor gee asb?

Maybe people just think you,re asking an opinion pn which bike (as in what bike) you should buy!

haha good point - that is pretty much standard spelling for da hub

@dracs, what gym do you go to?

Sunninghill VA.. i also sometimes go to Bedfordview and Greenstone VA's but neither have them as yet so not sure how wide spread they are. Edited by dracs

Sunninghill VA.. i also sometimes go to Bedfordview and Greenstone VA's but neither have them as yet so not sure how wide spread they are.

Thx, I will pop in there some or other time.

have a look at the CycleOps IC400 or IC300, pricing from +/- R18 000 can come with virtual training etc etc

www.bicyclepower.co.za

Cadence Cycling do a Power Based indoor cycling class

Anyone tried out one of these? http://wattbike.com/uk/wattbike

My gym recently got a few and I have done a few sessions now. Very interesting to watch in the polar view how consistent (or inconcistent) power delivery is through the pedal stroke and how small changes change this. I was also very surprised to see that my left leg consistently does 51% of the work - would have bet it was the other way around...

Were these just at the one gym?