tombeej

Ronde van Belgium this pm if that is any consolation

You know it's not a consolation, kosmonooit... :wacko:

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those aren't world champion rings on Eddy's jersey as he powers up another snow bound mountain, they are an emergency delivery of giant HTFU wrist bands to donate to the current crop of riders chiling by the hotel spa.

On the upside makes the red jersey a bit easier for Cav' to get hold of. Evans is less than 5 behind.

post-15825-0-16670200-1369391744_thumb.jpg

Edited by hellocolour

May we please have a high mountain stage, just one, before the Giro concludes, please, cycling gods.

Made me smile

Brandon Els@TheOldCootBiker7m

Giro stage 19 cancelled? I guess there are not enough ex-mountain bikers in the peloton.

May we please have a high mountain stage, just one, before the Giro concludes, please, cycling gods.

Indeed, Scarpo needs to move up a spot or two, ......... :lol:

Indeed, Scarpo needs to move up a spot or two, ......... :lol:

The more tranquillo Nibs can head to the ceremonial final stage...

The more stages are shortened or cancelled...

Making it all the more possible for Nibs to attempt the Grand Tour double.

Astana management won't mind at all as Nibs is in rich rich form and can rest up.

The more tranquillo Nibs can head to the ceremonial final stage...

The more stages are shortened or cancelled...

Making it all the more possible for Nibs to attempt the Grand Tour double.

Astana management won't mind at all as Nibs is in rich rich form and can rest up.

No indeed, it plays into his hands all the way, unfortunately it tends to favor some riders and prejudice other's, as there are less opportunities to be unseated or improve your position.

Personally I think Cadel would have lost second spot to Uran today, so Uran could possibly feel he has lost an opportunity, and Scarponi as well, I am convinced he could take a podium spot, perhaps Santambrogio too.

........but Yeah, unfortunately those are the breaks, you win some, you lose some, but mainly its left me bored stiff this afternoon. :D

No indeed, it plays into his hands all the way, unfortunately it tends to favor some riders and prejudice other's, as there are less opportunities to be unseated or improve your position.

Personally I think Cadel would have lost second spot to Uran today, so Uran could possibly feel he has lost an opportunity, and Scarponi as well, I am convinced he could take a podium spot, perhaps Santambrogio too.

........but Yeah, unfortunately those are the breaks, you win some, you lose some, but mainly its left me bored stiff this afternoon. :D

Agree on Uran - Cadel was on the ropes yesterday - I think he is happiest of all today...

I am just a bit gutted that there will be no Giro tonight when I get home :-(

Was really looking forward to these two days

I am just a bit gutted that there will be no Giro tonight when I get home :-(

Was really looking forward to these two days

Yebo.

Wasn't one of these the queen stage??

Yebo.

Wasn't one of these the queen stage??

Tomorrow is a queen stage...

More bad weather forecasted. :-(

Chirp on velonews:

"Maybe they could shake up the GC with some skinny armed cage fights..."

"We can finish on top of Tre Cime di Lavaredo for the simple reason that it's not a descent, and we can clear the road if it snows overnight," Vegni said. "Snow is cold but it's primarily risky for safety on the descents: if the temperature drops and the snow freezes, it makes the roads very slippery. But the stage is mainly made up of valley roads and climbing. We've designed a route with almost no descents."

Vegni, Giro technical director

YAY