Giro d'Italia 2013

tombeej

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://d4nuk0dd6nrma.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/CORVOS_00021415-008.jpg

Most of them are freelancers, Carlton also does motor sport of which he is quite knowledgeable, but I find him a tad irritating.

For the Giro on Eurosport we had the absolutely awesome Sean Kelly plus some other Irishman who's name escapes me, he was very good. David Harmon, the regular commentator (also a freelancer) is taking a break until the tour, he is really excellent as the lead. Sean kinds sits in there and lets forth with the occasion gems of wisdom and insight.

Grumps if you enjoyed Carlton, you would love these guys, Too bad we cant get Eurosport over the air here.

I agree with you, no pundit comes close to Sean Kelly and his insights and how he reads a race. Dave Harmon is certainly my favorite lead caller. It was awesome when Stephen Roche was on Eurosport too.

Carlton Kirby and Dan Lloyd are not perfect but are streets ahead of the Lance man love club life presidents, PnP.

Ideal scenario would to find a Eurosport audio feed and watch the pictures in HD. Too bad the Eurosport audioplayer hasn't worked for a couple of years now.

I reckon the idiot in all of this is Brailsford. He's doing a Bruyneel.

Sure, at the very least he is allowing the tail to wag the dog.

Say what you like about Wiggo, he has an exemplary Palmares,.... 6 Gold medals, wins in the Paris-Nice, the Criterium du Dauphine, the Tour de Romandie, the Tour de France, the TT at the Olympics, podium finishes in the Vuelta, and those are just the ones I can think of right now, personally I think he deserves a bit more of the support from management.

I agree with you, no pundit comes close to Sean Kelly and his insights and how he reads a race. Dave Harmon is certainly my favorite lead caller. It was awesome when Stephen Roche was on Eurosport too.

Carlton Kirby and Dan Lloyd are not perfect but are streets ahead of the Lance man love club life presidents, PnP.

Ideal scenario would to find a Eurosport audio feed and watch the pictures in HD. Too bad the Eurosport audioplayer hasn't worked for a couple of years now.

Hear, Hear!!

There comes a time for everyone to move over, ........in my opinion its their time.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Cadel doing a nr 1 while on the move.

Teamwork, baby, teamwork

http://d4nuk0dd6nrma.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/GiroDItalia_Tappa17_046.jpg

At 36, Evans not only becomes the oldest rider to reach the Giro podium since 1928...

Jeez guys, what am I supposed to be watching today. Having no monument to watch sucks. Better work.

Jeez guys, what am I supposed to be watching today. Having no monument to watch sucks. Better work.

Agree

Withdrawal symptoms

On another note Cavendish is now 6th in all time list of grand tour stage victories.

Merckx - 64

Cippo - 57

Petacchi - 48

Binda - 43

Hinault - 42

Cav - 41

He'll beat Merckx.

6 wins per season for the next 4 years (easy peasy)

(He turned 28 last week so loads of time left)

At 36, Evans not only becomes the oldest rider to reach the Giro podium since 1928...

Come now Dale! You make 36 sound so old :blush:

In other news, Big Bro Schleck gets run over by a car and lives to tell the tale.

Yoh.

BLQ1SmyCMAA7CGh.jpg

Come now Dale! You make 36 sound so old :blush:

Yeah, tell that to Jensie who's my age and still kicks azzzz...

Don't worry folks, you've just a few days left to the Critérium du Dauphiné, which starts Sunday.

Last year supersport showed a lot of it, so looking forward to (expecting) them to do the same this year.

Dauphiné thread started here.

I reckon the idiot in all of this is Brailsford. He's doing a Bruyneel.

agree - seems he likes to run with the hare and hunt with the hounds...

As I've said before - he needs to strap on a pair.