wat pump to go for

Hedz

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard that bombs can mess with the sealant...

A nice portable pump would be one like this: http://www.lezyne.co...me#!Alloy-Drive it has a flexible hose so you have less chance of breaking off the valve. They go for about R250.

That flexible hose seems quite a good idea, it seemed easier to pump tyres in the old days with those long old pumps and that little bit of flexible hose on the end instead of these new tiny pumps that hardly allow for any movement once you have connected onto the valve. Where did you get yours from?

I bought a Giant floor pump a few years ago from SW, still pumps but the gauge has given up.

For the bike I got a R60 plastic pump which works.

How often does one get a puncture ? Not even once a month.

But I'm a Roadie :clap: :clap:

Also a big Zefal fan.

I threw that Lezyne mini pump so far into the feld, the best bushman tracker wont find it! :thumbdown:

Oh, and what's all the Lezyne cr@p?

If you need a brand name to whore after, go Zefal.

Is that like the 29er of pumps ?? :whistling:

Guest Travis.

Rules of the Cog

Rule #30

No frame-mounted pumps.

Either Co2 canisters or mini-pumps should be carried in jersey pockets (See Rule #31). The only

exception to this rule is to mount a Silca brand frame pump in the rear triangle of the frame, with the

rear wheel skewer as the pump mount nob, as demonstrated by members of the 7-Eleven and

Ariostea pro cycling teams. As such, a frame pump mounted upside-down and along the left (skewer

lever side) seat stay is both old school and euro and thus acceptable. We restate at this time that said

pump may under no circumstances be a Zefal and must be made by Silca. Said Silca pump must be

fitted with a Campagnolo head. It is acceptable to gaffer-tape a mini-pump to your frame when no

C02 canisters are available and your pockets are full of spare kit and energy gels. However, the rider

should expect to be stopped and questioned and may be required to empty pockets to prove there is

no room in them for the pump.

Rules of the Cog

Nah. As often mentioned, I am perfectly happy with the size of my penis. I don't need the affirmation of some random interweb list of rules.

Edited by TNT1

That flexible hose seems quite a good idea, it seemed easier to pump tyres in the old days with those long old pumps and that little bit of flexible hose on the end instead of these new tiny pumps that hardly allow for any movement once you have connected onto the valve. Where did you get yours from?

LBS here in P.E. Seems like prices have gone up though.

I normally look for the cheapest, as i see them as disposable items. I must have about half a dozen lying somewhere in my house. (and i find plenty in the veld)

Edited by MTBer wannabee

Ryder Floor pump before rides - managed to seat a tubeless tyre with one of those - but my triceps hurt for about a week afterwards.

bombs on the trail - a dude standing hunched over a bicycle in the veld making vigorous arm-action just aint right man....