What would you ask a doper?

TimW

I have an interview set up for Tyler Hamilton and Dan Coyle, the co-authors on the book "The Secret Race".

I am preparing a list of questions for them, but thought the cycling experts on The Hub (are there any?) may have something which I have not thought of. So this is your chance ... let me know what would interests you about Hamilton and you may see the answers in newspapers -- more details later !!!!

For those that do not know, the book details Hamilton's life as a pro and goes into detail about the doping, including teammate Lance Armstrong and others -- in my mind he effectively buries the seven-time tour winner and leaves no doubt about the scale of the doping problem (a must-read). Hamilton is also one of the key witnesses in the USADA case against Armstrong.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why they have not paid all their winning moneys back that they won while being on drugs , cause basically they stole it as it was not won fairly.

Edited by Iron

Have read the book. What interests me is how often it's mentioned that cyclists are put in a position where doping is the only alternative. I would like to know what he thinks of the cyclists who stood up for what they believed in and walked away. Perhaps there arent any. Much like corruption. Well, everyone is doing it so I might as well too.

Def going to buy the book on my Kindle tonight.

Some insight as where to by the best dope will be cool as well, if you don't mind.

I havent read the book, so i dont know if he mentions who were the doctors / suppliers etc?

But, if he didnt, then that would be my question to him?

If he incriminated other competitors in the book, but not the doctors etc. then his story is also suspect? Book sales make alot of money!!

Looking forward to reading your interview.

I want to know why he didn't name more people from his time at Phonak.

That's what I'd like to ask Hunter from his time with Flandis...

Honestly though, maybe ask if he thinks cycling would be where it is today without Armstrong, Contador, and the likes. And if the negative effect their doping had is maybe more short term than the positive effect Armstrong had on cycling?

And also, if he thinks there is room for someone clean to come along and dominate the dopers, or if its not possible at all (in his opinion)