The solution to (drunk) motorists killing other road users? Opinions/Suggestions:

Bennie Dikwiel

He might get the cr@p beaten into him after someone's sees the photos.

I think that would be the best thing that happened to him and give us all a little sense of justice.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not just State Trooper, any law enforcement in US requires 3 year degree before you're allowed into Police academy.

stand to be corrected.

G

Thats what i remember from my time there as the brother of a friend was pursuing being a state trooper .. they are all (mostly) fit and in shape and i def wouldnt even consider trying to bribe them. Literally outside most bars/party areas there will be police presence. If you have an open bottle of alcohol it has to be locked in the boot (sorry trunk)

If I'm not wrong.

not just open bottles, any bottle of alcohol...

G

Thats what i remember from my time there as the brother of a friend was pursuing being a state trooper .. they are all (mostly) fit and in shape and i def wouldnt even consider trying to bribe them. Literally outside most bars/party areas there will be police presence. If you have an open bottle of alcohol it has to be locked in the boot (sorry trunk)

So, are we waiting with baited breath for the JubJub/Tshabalala judgement that is coming out today? Might give a clue as to how the courts are going to go forward with murder by motorcar cases.

That piece of **** and his mate must sit for a looong time, if he is found guilty he will appeal, if that fails constitution court, so expect this to go on for another 2 years, plus, costing us, the tax payer millions.

if i were to get a taxi from where i live to where i generally go out id be paying about R800 - R1000 in transport for a night out.

That being said im not a drinker so not a huge issue,

We need more safe and reliable public transport that is affordable.

I know myself and my friends would far rather hop on a train or bus and head out than have to have someone be designated dave or risk having a beer or 2.

Never right to drink and drive tho, but there are many things that need to happen in this country and wont for a long time to come.

lets hope this guy gets his just punishment and somehow this message reaches a few more people and a takes a few more drunk drivers off the road

If I'm not wrong.

not just open bottles, any bottle of alcohol...

G

Yeah it was a while ago so might well have been. It was a gap year and i did the golf course thing. As we served alcohol at the bar we had to go on a course and learn a lot of there legislation - like how we were liable and could be sued if we let someone get trashed and let them drive home.

Roving road blocks on a continual basis,not only over the Festive season.I also believe that cops should drive the routes that are more popular for cyclists at peak times,that is,early in the mornings during the week and week ends.

I also think signs indicating "cyclists beware" should be put up at regular intervals along these routes.

In the case of Port Elizabeth,there are not that many routes the cops would have to drive and be more visible anyway.

Should the CSA and the cycling clubs not be taking this up with the relevant authorities !

So, are we waiting with baited breath for the JubJub/Tshabalala judgement that is coming out today? Might give a clue as to how the courts are going to go forward with murder by motorcar cases.

Op 5fm se nuus nounet gehoor hulle het 'n straat na die saak vernoem: JubJub/Tshabalala Street?

Op 5fm se nuus nounet gehoor hulle het 'n straat na die saak vernoem: JubJub/Tshabalala Street?

Not officially, it's just what the locals are calling it.

The outcome of this will be closely scrutinised ........ the driver responsible for Clem's death must be accountable for his actions. You can't have drunks like this killing innocent people. This is nothing short of murder.

I HOPE the Jub-jub trial will set the scene for future prosecutions!!

I'm rooting for a 25yr sentence without parole...

Hi, guys, I moved your posts here. Out of respect, can we try keep the other thread for condolences.

Nicely done!

I see we have to wait till tomorrow:

Judgement will continue tomorrow. 20 of the witnesses testimonies have been heard.JM @ewnreporter

Wie onthou die Mandoza saak, hy het ook dronk bestuur en mense dood gery..niks oor gekom nie, hy gaan an met sy lewe..famous as ever..