Tokai - XC Build Day - 27th October

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, Agreed. But Bridal is a case in point - a loooot needs to be done. I reckon it'll just be you, me, D & D, John'o and maybe Crow that pitch in for that one...

I'm there! Bridal is sick as it is. With some TLC it'll be even more worth the climb. Okay, push... Like I said in the other thread, willing to bring a spade and dig it wherever.

Let's do the switchbacks! I love that trail on my hardtail, its sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Bridal needs reinforcing. Different job completely. The issue is getting the materials up there, that is once we have the materials. No way a 10 ton truck is getting up and down, unless it is 4x4. Will be looking at hiring the correct people or machines for the job..

Have truck, will work for biltong!

Seriuosly though, we can use my truck and I can organize a trailer that can take lots of stuff. I'll sponsor the fuel, trailer snd camping fridge for the beers.

Have truck, will work for biltong!

Seriuosly though, we can use my truck and I can organize a trailer that can take lots of stuff. I'll sponsor the fuel, trailer snd camping fridge for the beers.

WTFor the life of me, you said nothing of this before????!! What truck? Not the pimped Ford?? Surely not!

EDIT, What the truck?

Edited by Pain or Shine

The Ranger, yes. Gotta earn it's keep. That bakkie has climb much worse roads and terrain than the one leading to the top of Bridal.

BUT. Can also organize a 5T truck if needed as well. Will be a lot more tricky to get it to the top. Ranger and trailer will do the trick.

Think we need to sit down and discuss whats needed and then see who can pull what strings.

The Ranger, yes. Gotta earn it's keep. That bakkie has climb much worse roads and terrain than the one leading to the top of Bridal.

BUT. Can also organize a 5T truck if needed as well. Will be a lot more tricky to get it to the top. Ranger and trailer will do the trick.

Think we need to sit down and discuss whats needed and then see who can pull what strings.

I don't doubt that truck in the least, but you sure carrying dirt up to 1 ton? Ouch, she will have earned her keep after one day!

Something tells me a 5 ton may be more practical than trailer. You know how toight that jeeptrack is!! It's only when you drive up that you realize. Then again, I also don't doubt your rally skillz!

Agreed, let's chat.

You, me, Deon, Duane, one Hog (maybe 2) and one or 2 others (possibly)

so 5 minimum, but that's enough to get a bit done.

Still - FAR too few people!

Which trail is getting some work? I should be on the mountain, so am looking to come and help.

You, me, Deon, Duane, one Hog (maybe 2) and one or 2 others (possibly)

so 5 minimum, but that's enough to get a bit done.

Still - FAR too few people!

We'll be slaving away at the office, but we'll sponsor the beers. Good enough? wink.png Have also punted it on...

Facebook:

http://www.facebook....136327639726142

Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Cycle_Factory

Edited by Cycle Factory

Puffie it is. I didn't get stuck in deep mud for nothing plotting out the trail! Damn, this needs to be the sweeetest climb to compensate for the 45mins coercing the mud sunk wheels out of a ditch!

I have a pic, check the level!!

post-13110-0-66478000-1351177653_thumb.jpeg

Puffie it is. I didn't get stuck in deep mud for nothing plotting out the trail! Damn, this needs to be the sweeetest climb to compensate for the 45mins coercing the mud sunk wheels out of a ditch!

I have a pic, check the level!!

post-13110-0-66478000-1351177653_thumb.jpeg

You should have phoned, I would have been there in a flash, winch, cables, snatch ropes the works (the usual overkill)