Cyclists and red traffic lights

MtbCpt

An example was on one of BMC Fan's famour Hels trips where we went out and  swooshed through a red light in Stellenbosch.  Why' date=' because the first guy did it and everyone folowed.  Why?  Because no one wants to be the wet blanket who berates the rest.  At the next light, before Helshoogte,  Marius and I stopped, but chatting to him it was obvious that we did because w felt sure we could catch up.

It's all part of the mob mentatlity and "I'm a real cyclist and that's what we do" mindset.  We all have it and we should just sit back and take the abuse.

[/quote']

Yup, correct like a bunch of sheep.

I am not a policeman, so in situations like this, I just quietly fall out of the bunch, and more and more folk are doing the same.

We all want "them" to change, taxis,motorists, truckers, bikers, pedestrians whatever, but we dont want to change.

We want to still run lights,stop signs whatever and when someone is injured or killed we want to cry foul.

Wash your own window first, before criticizing anothers dirty window.   

MR WILLEHOND!! Please that name has copyright!! And please I was waiting at the red robot, now everybody think i jump robotsAngry

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eeeesh , julle is ook nes 'n klomp ou vroue met nat broeke - Ek het eerste die robot geskip - 6uur die oggend - res was chicken.

Eeeesh ' date=' julle is ook nes 'n klomp ou vroue met nat broeke - Ek het eerste die robot geskip - 6uur die oggend - res was chicken.[/quote']

Ek kan weer nie onthou dat ek by een gestop het nieEmbarrassed Het wel afgeslack en gecheck dat dit veilig was voordat ek dit gedoen hetThumbs%20Up en soos jy se dit was baie vroeg in die oggend. En almal wat my wil kritiseer omdat ek dit gedoen het, moenie,  want ek is nie lus vir julle pansies se gemoan nieBig%20smile

Have not been on one of the hub rides' date=' but with differing view's must be quite something to see when approaching a light. [/quote']

nah theres no problem on Hub rides.... Sammajoor arranges his spietkop buddies to manage rolling road closures for us! Smile

Have not been on one of the hub rides' date=' but with differing view's must be quite something to see when approaching a light. [/quote']

nah theres no problem on Hub rides.... Sammajoor arranges his spietkop buddies to manage rolling road closures for us! Smile

When the next ride is, he will have to work his magic from Borat's town.....

hmmmm. I've just checked out that site' date=' run by Seth Rotheringham, which is at best boring. But of interest was this video in the 'about' section. The man appears to be retarded. And somewhat arrogant. Possibly homosexual.

[/quote']

mmmmmmm a non-cyclist guy riding a scooter in CT. got to be gay!!!!!! thats why all the ladies in CT are so frustrated

Confused  What are you supposed to do when in a race the light is red and there is no marshall?

that scenario really shouldn;t happen... what a nightmare! But what would probably happen is that the guys would go through if it's clear and shout loudly "CLEAR" to the rest.... heaven forbid they have to stop suddenly!

Confused  What are you supposed to do when in a race the light is red and there is no marshall?

that scenario really shouldn;t happen... what a nightmare! But what would probably happen is that the guys would go through if it's clear and shout loudly "CLEAR" to the rest.... heaven forbid they have to stop suddenly!

Ouch
Strawberry Mama2008-01-23 06:59:59

I made the mistake of opting to receive email notification of responses to this thread. HOW DO I TURN IT OFF CAUSE THIS THREAD IS GETTING BORING AND GOING NOWHERE.