2012 Burger Route Training Rides

Wannabe

That's a possibility for the 17th, Wannabe....

:-)

Az also contacted me with the offer for Tomorrow. Dunno if he only meant the 17th, he did not give a date.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Az also contacted me with the offer for Tomorrow. Dunno if he only meant the 17th, he did not give a date.

Yeah, please confirm with him for BOTH SATURDAYS?

Lekka!

Yeah, please confirm with him for BOTH SATURDAYS?

Lekka!

Already sent a mail to the "Bikers".

Will give you feedback.

Okay guys, so is it on for tomorrow and is it 6.30 or 7.00 sharp? Keen.

Be ready for wheels to roll at 07h00!!

OK Guys and Gals, a last bit of info regarding tomorrow's ride.

1st of all, weather predictions not bad at all, looks like the wind will not be too much of an hindrance.

Meet at Garage / Shopping complex at foot of Helshoogte, corners of Cluver and Helshoogte roads. Park in bottom en of parking area closest to Cluver rd.

Be ready for wheels to roll at 07h00. Depending on amount of cyclists, there will be at least two groups. The idea of the ride is to familiarise everybody with the route, so it is a ride, not a mini race. Fast guys can go wild on the ascents, but try and slow down on top / on the descent, so that the group can regroup.

All rules of the road to be followed. Where there is sufficient room on the shoulder, two abreast riding will be allowed, but not allowed to spill over into the roadway. No shoulder, SINGLE FILE!!

No cyclist gets left behind. Mechanicals needs to be announced LOUD AND CLEAR. Group will stop (OF THE ROAD) and assist. Dropped / tired cyclist to be assisted and guided back to the group.

Should a fast guy be frustrated with pace of group, announce your intention to leave group, and cycle ahead on your own.

After the ride a few people will go and have a brekkie. Not sure where yet, but Mugg 'n Bean sounds like as good a place as any.

I'm looking forward to the ride tomorrow! clap.gif

Lizzy i hear you been training so hard and offered to pull the pack tomorrow.. Thanks clap.gif

Lizzy i hear you been training so hard and offered to pull the pack tomorrow.. Thanks clap.gif

I was planning on sandbagging it for the first 75%, and then I'll pull you guys home.

I need to make sure Wannabe isn't behind me at anyone point... And towards the end, he should be too tired to take pictures...

Good rules, Wannabe! Some sections really does not lend itself to anything else than single-file - and we are (it seems) a heck of a lot.

Lizzy, will it be a case of "Follow me, I'm right behind you!"...?

Looking forward to the ride - and to meeting you guys.

I've got to resurrect my bike...eek.gif

Hope everything works reasonably okay. This will be more k's (on roadbike) than I did in entirety ever since I said "Hooplah!" in March. whistling.gif

Already sent a mail to the "Bikers".

Will give you feedback.

We've corresponded and he confirmed a bike marshall for next Saturday...

:-)