2012 Burger Route Training Rides

Wannabe

I have been chirping at him for months, Buzz.

Glad he's gonna make the leap.

It'll be awesome.

Yeah! Take my hat off to him.... Worked very hard to get where he is today..... thumbup1.gif

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As per the original; post, we start at the Garage at the foot of Helshoogte at 07h00. Plenty of safe parking there.

Depending on how many people arrive, two groups will be formed, a "faster" and "slower" group. Not too sure about the pace, but I suspect the faster group to be in the 25-28km/h avg region.

If not enough faster riders, I suggest we start as one group, faster guys can then attack ascents at will, but regroup on other side.

NO RIDER GETS LEFT BEHIND.

I have 2 more ladies joining us on the slower group! Maybe I can turn Colliehond's other arm to follow us with the bakkie incase someone needs help along the way??? Die man is nie baie happy oor die volgende 6+ weke van geen fietsry nie! thumbup1.gif biggrin.png

I have 2 more ladies joining us on the slower group! Maybe I can turn Colliehond's other arm to follow us with the bakkie incase someone needs help along the way??? Die man is nie baie happy oor die volgende 6+ weke van geen fietsry nie! thumbup1.gif biggrin.png

It'll be good for Colliehond to be in the mix.

Lekka to hear you're training, MM.

Sal nogal gaaf wees as hy dit kan doen. thumbup1.gif

Moet net daardie arm ook afdraai nie. devil.gif

Cool, will come by motorised transport and join you at 7!

BTW, you should my number (in the list) upside down... You had to get the semi-superstitious guy down between 12 and 14! ph34r.png

Maybe I can turn Colliehond's other arm to follow us with the bakkie incase someone needs help along the way???

ja please me joining on 24th slow group nog nooit so ver met knobblies gery nie, netnou hou ek dit niebiggrin.png

Sal nogal gaaf wees as hy dit kan doen. http://1.1.1.2/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/thumbup1.gif

Moet net daardie arm ook afdraai nie. http://1.1.1.5/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif

Sy skouer is maar nog baie seer. Have to go back in 4 weeks time for another xray to see if the ligaments are healing, and only then can he start with physio. But the indoor trainer is already set up to keep those sexy legs spinning! He'll miss the Burger Sanlam though, but will be training HARD for the Argus!clap.gif

It'll be good for Colliehond to be in the mix.

Lekka to hear you're training, MM.

I have to , anders gaan ek my gat sien by die Burger! Been on a short holiday break with Colliehond and could'nt train, but back today and ready to get those wheels spining!happy.png

I have to , anders gaan ek my gat sien by die Burger! Been on a short holiday break with Colliehond and could'nt train, but back today and ready to get those wheels spining!happy.png

Yeah, MM...

It is a tough course.

Train well!

Yeah! Take my hat off to him.... Worked very hard to get where he is today..... thumbup1.gif

wonder y he always reject me when i ask him to come ride with me n meezo in this morning! we not good enough? LOL

we start at the Garage at the foot of Helshoogte at 07h00. Plenty of safe parking there.

oops.gif small issue.

Does anyone have the gps coordinates of the garage or slightly more detailed directions. Have not been to Stellenbosch in something like 15 years and before then when I was there I was never sober. Upshot is I have no idea where the garage or Helshoogte is.

The correct adress is corner of Cluver and Helshoogte. please note that my marking is one street block too early.

post-10429-0-21652800-1352235985_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mads