Cape Town Hubbers Christmas Teddy Bear Ride 2012, 17 Dec

Slowbee

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea Slowbee. What distance are we talking about?

Needs to be visible.Durbanville and Tafelberg don't cut it

Just wear brigher colors wink.png

Think the Seapoint / Promenade ride to Kampsbay was a hit last year. Let's do it again. Non cycling family can meet up with us at Vida.

Durbanville area a bit hilly/not as scenic/Coffee Shops not as great. blush.png

There is lots of coffee shops. Just need to find the right one.

Durbanville Children's Home is a great idea.

The first post has the date

Proposal is to leave from the castle parking lot, go through town and into seapoint and camps bay for coffee and then head on back. Nice short ride, safe for the family, its flat save for a short little hill there and back.

Those wanting to ride more can head on into Hout Bay and back. I am sure we will still be waiting for your return. Last year the guys from Table View did that.

Heck last yr some mad oke did it on a downhill bike, which was very impressive at a hefty 20 odd kg bike !!

Cool Monday the 17th sounds good to go! Fortunately this won't be moonlight mass mode so will probably be doing a longer ride after this little jaunt, but join you to start with! Good work SB!

Like your proposed route, SB. As we did last year, I'll just cycle on towards Houtbay and back to make it worth the while.

This year I will be there in spirit. I fell of my bike on Sunday and broke the one side's pelvic bones. Doctors orders is 2 months of my bike. thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif cursing.gif

I have had a read through the website below. I think this is a good group to support this year. If everyone else is ok with this charity then on Monday I will give them a call and find out more information. Also maybe find out if there is something specific they would like from us in terms of gifts etc.

(from the title, it will most likely be teddy bears ...)

http://www.durbanvil...nt-projects.php