No one seems to stock 29r schrader valve tubes!

Rouxenator

I prefer using Slime Tire Sealant that I put into the tubes myself. Naturally you can only do that with schrader valve tubes but no one seems to stock them any more? Why is that?

Conti presta valve tubes can have the core removed so you can put slime in them and put the core back same as schrader.

or

TUBELESS and all problems go away .

TUBELESS and all problems go away .

Judging by the amount of tubes I have given away to tubeless riders in despair this year I don't think so...

Sooo.... why cant I get a schrader valve with my tubeless set-up. I hate those those finnicky little things that break so easily.

Sooo.... why cant I get a schrader valve with my tubeless set-up. I hate those those finnicky little things that break so easily.

You can always cut them from a tube. Many people buy their tubeless valves like that because you can buy tubes cheaper than valves - go figure, eh?

Presta is fine for road bikes where the valve hole needs to be small in order to avoid weakening the rim. But all MTB rims have a hole big enough for schrader valve tubes and they are more robust than the dinky presta valves.

About 26"... I think I still have my old bike somewhere. But why downgrade?

Edited by Rouxenator

Presta is fine for road bikes where the valve hole needs to be small in order to avoid weakening the rim. But all MTB rims have a hole big enough for schrader valve tubes and they are more robust than the dinky presta valves.

Hi Rouxenator,

I've got a bunch of 29er Schrader valve tubes, R37 each (brand new in box). Drop me a PM if you are keen.

If you look at it from another angle, you cannot seal a schrader valve! Considering that I remember days when dirt would get into them causing them to slowly leak where a presta valve you can "close".

There is a reason why presta valves are used... PS, I have never managed to brake a presta valve, bend it maybe but not break.

PS, I have never managed to brake a presta valve, bend it maybe but not break.

Hmmm. Then you've never used an American classic valve. It is so fragile a butterfly can break it. We're not talking about breaking it at the screw-in cap but it snaps right off on the large threads. Real rubbish. Made from aluminium and super light but breaks very easily. I also have a customer that breaks brass ones. Dunno how, but he does.

Hmmm. Then you've never used an American classic valve. It is so fragile a butterfly can break it. We're not talking about breaking it at the screw-in cap but it snaps right off on the large threads. Real rubbish. Made from aluminium and super light but breaks very easily. I also have a customer that breaks brass ones. Dunno how, but he does.

Correct, only Fulcrum and Stans...

EDIT: sp

Edited by Helpmytrap

Hi there, sorry on a unrelated topic do you have marzocchi 30mm seals available at the moment?