Challange to all sponsered team re Doping.

Chris Willemse

I would like to ask another question.

Why do you not ask all your team members to submit themselves for doping tests at your expense ?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to ask another question.

Why do you not ask all your team members to submit themselves for doping tests at your expense ?

Internal testing never really accomplished much in Europe. I don't mean any disrespect to CWC, but speaking generally, why would anybody place any faith in dope tests conducted by a team? Slightly less reliable than tests managed by the UCI.

Most if not all pro teams will submit their riders to regular blood analysis anyways. What they do with the results is of course down to their own discretion, whether they profess otherwise or not.

Edited by Lucky Luke.

I think it's a good idea. I'm all for everyone trying to keep this sport clean.

Whilst I agree that it may be hard, every time someone implements some sort of additional control, it makes it harder for one to get away with it and this type of statement makes it less beneficial to try. Hope it works.

Now, if I promise not to dope, I'm open to being sponsored whistling.gif whistling.gif whistling.gif

You have to put the stake in the ground and 1 Jan 2013 is fair in my eyes.....so riders like NH and HF can count themselves lucky....but, someone like DG....sorry, but in 2 year's time CWC will not offer you a contract, nor should any other team....whistling.gif

All of the best to Team CWC!thumbup1.gif ......I like it and will keep on supporting them online!

Internal testing never really accomplished much in Europe. I don't mean any disrespect to CWC, but speaking generally, why would anybody place any faith in dope tests conducted by a team? Slightly less reliable than tests managed by the UCI.

Most if not all pro teams will submit their riders to regular blood analysis anyways. What they do with the results is of course down to their own discretion, whether they profess otherwise or not.

The problem with that was that the teams were complicit in the doping. I actually agree that CWC should do their own passport and doping controls. As we all know, hiding drug taking is relatively easy, so I don't know how much it will help. And CWC is saying you won't accept riders caught, but I reckon less than 10% of those who dope get caught (if not less).

I guess that also throws out the idea of second chances in life. I assume if their team car breaks the law it will also be chucked of the team.

It's just such a difficult subject and I'm not sure how to think about it.

You have to put the stake in the ground and 1 Jan 2013 is fair in my eyes.....so riders like NH and HF can count themselves lucky....but, someone like DG....sorry, but in 2 year's time CWC will not offer you a contract, nor should any other team....whistling.gif

All of the best to Team CWC!thumbup1.gif ......I like it and will keep on supporting them online!

So why, if from Jan 2013 should DG be excluded but NH and HF exempt. Make a rule and let it apply to everybody. If it's a case of you have ever been caught doping not team, then that's it. These guys should think of the consequences before they dope. NH caused an entire team to lose their livelihood when Neotel pulled out. He's ok now.

What I do find interesting is that there is so many people pissed off with DG at the moment and feeling sorry for kevin, but when someone wants to do what Chris is suggesting then the comments come out like worrying abot the guys making a living etc. Hey, there are other jobs out there, and they should think of this before they dope. We all want to eradicate doping, but when someone takes a stance the Ag Shame factor comes out.

We are either serious about doing something or we aren't.

ag shame se ><

he had a chance so he doped, now he is back racing and young kids read this and think it's OK to be cough out, serve a little sentence and it over

Dis great wat jy doen Chris, hoop net die ander spanne staan saam met jou

So why, if from Jan 2013 should DG be excluded but NH and HF exempt. Make a rule and let it apply to everybody. If it's a case of you have ever been caught doping not team, then that's it. These guys should think of the consequences before they dope. NH caused an entire team to lose their livelihood when Neotel pulled out. He's ok now.

+100. can't believe these polukers still have teams to ride for

I am aware of that but we can say from 1st Jan 2013. Anyone that get caught is out for good. No contract at all. We will not even offer a sponsorship to anyone that has been caught in the past or in the future.

Don't change your mind half way through your post, decide what you want to promote and stick with it. Otherwise this just reeks of a cheap publicity stunt, pretty much like the Skins lawsuit against the UCI.

The problem with that was that the teams were complicit in the doping..........

As we all know, hiding drug taking is relatively easy....

It is easy to hide drug-taking from the public and authorities, less easy to do so from your team mates, although not impossible.

To ensure internal policing the stakes for management and clean riders in a team with dirty riders needs to be raised to the point they cannot take the risk of a team member doping.

So, if any team member tests positive, his entire team needs to be stripped of their record, not just the rider caught. Any suspension should apply to the team manager (or owner) as well.

Self interest will ensure they weed out the guilty.

Insideman.

I don't change my mind. But I am sure that you must understand that if a sponsor has a rider now in its team then he cant cancel that contract. That s why I made the following very clear : "We are starting a small team in 2013 and will never take on a rider that has been caught positive". Current sponsors can say that all new riders that get caught will not get a place in their 2013 contracts. I do not see anything wrong with that.

This is nothing to do with publicity. If you followed my career then you will see that I have always been totally against dope because many of the top riders in my time were caught positive and I were always against dopers.

Many of the greats have been caught doping, even the great Eddy Merckx, he was given a 2nd chance! In fact as far as I know he was only punished with a time penalty! We all make mistakes in life and need 2nd chances to prove our real character! Food for thought!

Many of the greats have been caught doping, even the great Eddy Merckx, he was given a 2nd chance! In fact as far as I know he was only punished with a time penalty! We all make mistakes in life and need 2nd chances to prove our real character! Food for thought!

A leopard doesn't change it's spots. It's like going back to your wife after she pomped another man. Trust can never be restored...